Bungie's Destiny won't feature animal mounts

Akali

2430387-destinymounts.jpg

As we all know Bungie who are the creators of halo is Making destiny which is the new multiplayer MMO which is being made by Bungie but destiny will have animals but it will not feature animal mounts.

"We considered animal mounts, but the weight-load of the Titan’s heavy armor kept breaking their backs, and we knew that PETA would go absolutely berserk," This is what Bungie said on there latest Bungie weekly update.

PETA (the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has previously spoken out about the treatment of animals in video games by creating Flash game parodies of titles like Super Meat Boy, Pokemon, and Mario.

Animal mounts are not completely foreign to sci-fi experiences, as Star Wars fans will undoubtedly recall that franchise's extended use of such mounts. Like Halo before it, however, Destiny players can expect to find a host of standard vehicles to ride and attack enemies from but there are no pictures available yet.

Bungie has not provide any details regarding what kinds of experiences Destiny players will find through The Companion. Second-screen experiences are becoming more and more commonplace and typically afford users a variety of features, including inventory management or the ability to learn more about the virtual world around them.

Destiny launches for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4 on September 9. A beta for the game will be available this summer first on PlayStation platforms. Preordering the game will guarantee you access to the pre-release trial period.

source

• Like 2

I never expected animal mounts anyway, it would have been greatly unappealing to me if bungie did put them in the game. I've seen and read a lot of stuff bungie cut from the game and I was very glad, I couldn't get over some of the stuff they were going to put in the game, tiger men, giant toads and other stuff. The game would have looked like a bloody circus.

Good post yang!

• Like 1

I never expected animal mounts anyway, it would have been greatly unappealing to me if bungie did put them in the game. I've seen and read a lot of stuff bungie cut from the game and I was very glad, I couldn't get over some of the stuff they were going to put in the game, tiger men, giant toads and other stuff. The game would have looked like a bloody circus.

Good post yang!

LOL well animal mounts would've been kind of silly for Bungie's style anyway. Futuristic shooters should have futuristic vehicles. Oh Bungie :lol:

i agree because its a world set in the future with a lot of future stuff so i dont really feel like riding a hippo into battle when i could ride a war machine into battle however riding a hippo into battle sounds like an amazing idea

Considering the characters have starships to take them from planet to planet I don't see the need for an animal to tag along. However I could see some sort of mechanical device to make trips shorter on land but only in specific areas. Even then those could be filled in with world specific transport such as a monorail or even a teleporter.