Call of Duty: Ghosts Code of Conduct polices derogatory, racially charged language

Akali

2433710-6207968798-23677.jpg

Infinity Ward has published a Code of Conduct for Call of Duty: Ghosts, which explains how the developer will respond to different disruptive behaviors in the game.

Infinity Ward will make a concerted effort to curb "offensive behavior." It says that any user who is found to use aggressive, offensive, derogatory, or racially charged language is subject to penalty. On the first offense, the user will be temporarily banned from playing online, anywhere from 48 hours to two weeks. If the the user repeats this behavior, he can be temporarily banned again, have his stats reset, have his split-screen privileges revoked, and be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

Permanent bans, however, are reserved for different offenses, meaning that a user could conceivably keep harassing other players with vile language as long as he is willing to suffer the consequences.

Any user who is caught with pirated copy of the game will be permanently banned immediately, as will any user who is caught modding or hacking the game for a competitive advantage.

"Boosting," meaning users who collude to exploit the game in order to gain XP and other rewards, can be temporarily banned or have their stats reset, as do users who exploit bugs in the game code.

Infinity Ward is definitely on the right track towards making Call of Duty more than just a game where curses run abound. If this keeps up, we may see the elimination of the 12 year-old squeakers who just learned how to swear online!

Infinity Ward is definitely on the right track towards making Call of Duty more than just a game where curses run abound. If this keeps up, we may see the elimination of the 12 year-old squeakers who just learned how to swear online!

That's the problem with modern gaming. When I was a squeaker back in the day, I wasn't allowed to swear (and I didn't want to because I don't feel there is ever a need to have to) but also, there was no Online gaming. Well there was but it was crappy. But these kids grow up with the internet and a headset right within there grasp, and they can say all the things I said to myself back then. If I died I would say "$h**" but there was no one around to hear. I was more or less talking to myself and anyone within the 10 foot radius of the room I was in. But these kids say it with a headset plugged in and their microphones on... Times have changed, lol