Xbox One system updated delayed

Adam91

gallery_12241_647_37175.png

It was announced that the Xbox One system update would be coming today, but Larry Hryb aka Major Nelson announced that the update will not be arriving today but sometime this week as it still needs to be finalized. 

"FYI: The February #XboxOne System Update will ship this week, but not today." Major Nelson announced on his twitter page, "The team is working on finalizing. More details when I get them."

In related news it has been confirmed that the update will need to be manually accepted, Microsoft told Kotaku, just like the 360 updates. But it will also allow future updates to be enabled and to download in the background if that option is enabled, which is a feature that is part of the system update.

This weeks update will include; 

Better system stability.

Improved kinect voice commands. 

Power Indicator that monitors the controllers battery life.

Ability to check and manage storage space.

USB keyboard support.

Background updates. 

With the update planned for March 4th it will be focusing on a bringing better party and multiplayer system. 

So what are your thoughts on the upcoming updates, are you happy with what they will be bringing?

Source(s) Major Nelson's twitter, Kotaku, Digital Spy

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 8

Well, this can go one of two ways. The first way is it will improve the update since they're getting time to tweak it, this helps sometimes. On the other end, it could end up being really bad. Look at Aliens Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever. Both had so long to be done, and got mixed to bad reviews. This update could end up making the issues worse or creating new ones. I hope it goes successful.

Oh and WOW nice article Adam!

• Like 1

Well, this can go one of two ways. The first way is it will improve the update since they're getting time to tweak it, this helps sometimes. On the other end, it could end up being really bad. Look at Aliens Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever. Both had so long to be done, and got mixed to bad reviews. This update could end up making the issues worse or creating new ones. I hope it goes successful.

But luckily both of those games aren't real... They are urban legends... just mythical creatures like unicorns and leprechauns...

...at least that's what I like to tell my self...

:(

• Like 1

As glad as I am next gen consoles are out, I really could've waited a good few months, specifically for the reason relating to this thread. It's obvious that both consoles were going to have issues and releasing them whilst knowing there were still issues is still unacceptable regardless, not that it bothers me to much to be honest but the more I think about then I can really come up with a good opinion. Both consoles have had next gen games delayed and not just that but the consoles themselves were not 100%, heck few of them were shipped broken or were bound to have an issue with in a few hours or days it was being used.

I knew getting the consoles right away would be a bad idea and that's why I waited. I heard good things about the ps4 as far as it goes with it working (Worked better than the Xbox One at the time apparently) and that's why I got it (Well, I preferred it over the Xbox One, I've lost trust quite a bit in Microsoft at the moment but (don't hate them or anything), apparently there were more issues with the Xbox One, I've also heard that there are still issues with party chat and invitations that stop you mid game until you accept or decline. That could be old news but it's still good to see an update that's being taken into consideration for those who who have paid lots of money for the Xbox One and have had to deal with these issues or any missing implements that were suppose to be on the One.

Nice article by the way. ^_^

Edited by ShockGazm
  • Like 1

We do need these updates. 

Yes but I don't think they will screw up an update like this, I would rather them hold off the update a few more days and get the last details finished and working then rushing just to get it out a a little earlier. If they mess this up they shouldn't be working for Microsoft in the first place.

Edited by Yoshi1176

• 3 weeks later...

I was more or less forced to wait, this because of the xbox one not releasing in my country. We can order it from Germany but that's about it, there is no news what so ever about it being released in the Netherlands, only that it will probably be around the end of this year, that being said. It is great they are improving a console which has not been released in my country.

I was more or less forced to wait, this because of the xbox one not releasing in my country. We can order it from Germany but that's about it, there is no news what so ever about it being released in the Netherlands, only that it will probably be around the end of this year, that being said. It is great they are improving a console which has not been released in my country.

Yeah, I guess you could put it that way.