17 Year Old Shot and Killed by Police Officer for Holding a Wii Remote

VinWarrior

What a shame... The cop was busy thinking about donuts and not paying attention to what he was doing...

I always said cops are more crooked than criminals....

Three of my family members are police officers, and are some of the nicest people I know. They would jump in front of a bullet for any one. My cousin works for CSI and my father is in the process of becoming a officer, so no they are not all crooked. And this guy was not crooked either, he shot either because he saw a gun or he thought he did. We are humans we make mistakes.

Edited by Yoshi1176
  • Like 1

Some Police officers are complete idiots. They think a controller is a pistol... The police officer walked away from the crime scene crying, then she claimed he was holding a pistol... If she shot a guy who was about to KILL her, why would she have been crying? She's only trying to protect her image, and she KNOWS she'd probably lose her job if she mistook a video game controller for a gun.

• Like 1

Three of my family members are police officers, and are some of the nicest people I know. They would jump in front of a bullet for any one. My cousin works for CSI and my father is in the process of becoming a officer, so no they are not all crooked. And this guy was not crooked either, he shot either because he saw a gun or he thought he did. We are humans we make mistakes.

Sorry. It was nothing personal to you, your family, or even police in general. Just this one particular individual who happened to over-react to a situation and prematurely end a life, just by jumping to conclusions, and being trigger happy... Before fully assessing the situation and acting rationally. That coupled with my own experience with cops and how they are always rude to me, and those videos of police abusing their power, and that one where the cop shoots that guys dog, for no reason... All just because the dude was filming him.... 

Again I'm really sorry. I mean no offense to good cops, or to tried and true people who uphold justice and the law. I was simply anger and spoke out of blind rage. I have now shamed myself in the same manner as the police officer in this story, by over-reacting to the situation and not holding my tongue... It was a really bad move on my part... And for that, I apologize.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 2

Incompetence. Failure.

But also unavoidable. A stupid person's impulsive action is as unavoidable as a clever person's one, but if the police officer is claiming it was a gun AFTER it happened, instead of accepting that she just took a life, despicable.

Can't say all the blame lies on the police though.

(I'd raise a point here, but it's an argument for somewhere else.)

Sorry. It was nothing personal to you, your family, or even police in general. Just this one particular individual who happened to over-react to a situation and prematurely end a life, just by jumping to conclusions, and being trigger happy... Before fully assessing the situation and acting rationally. That coupled with my own experience with cops and how they are always rude to me, and those videos of police abusing their power, and that one where the cop shoots that guys dog, for no reason... All just because the dude was filming him.... 

Again I'm really sorry. I mean no offense to good cops, or to tried and true people who uphold justice and the law. I was simply anger and spoke out of blind rage. I have now shamed myself in the same manner as the police officer in this story, by over-reacting to the situation and not holding my tongue... It was a really bad move on my part... And for that, I apologize.

It wasn't you I was just trying to show that not all cops are like that. But thank you for understanding. :)

Edited by Yoshi1176

Hrrm....

Yes this is tragic yes this is horrible and no one deserves this no one deserves to die for nothing and on that note few people really ever need to die...

This is a sad turn of events no one really is in the wrong really ...

The cop simply thought it was a weapon and acted fast ...

She was to fast she didn't see it was a Wii remote and chose the fire her gun ...

fire her gun and hit his chest killing him..

No one here is in the wrong really yes police and getting worse and worse these days yes she didn't take a look at the situation properly ..

But in her eyes it look like a gun she didn't have time to act logically...

So she had to do something yes maybe she could have just pointed the gun at him or shot him in the leg and was a bad turn of events indeed I feel sorry for the victims family and hope they can recover ...... :)

This is very disappointing to me, and I hope this case receives more attention from detectives because how can an oval WII remote look like a firearm? Idk. But the main thing is, this boys life was taken with an accident for the time being.

This is very disappointing to me, and I hope this case receives more attention from detectives because how can an oval WII remote look like a firearm? Idk. But the main thing is, this boys life was taken with an accident for the time being.

me either i honestly wanna know the reason why the officer thought it was a weapon whether BB or real