Why no Forrunner Vehicals?

Delete Me

So far in every halo game release we've seen new vehicals from both sides; the Covenent and UNSC.  However in halo 4 we have a new enemy, the Forrunner.  Is anyone curious as to  why no new vehicals were released.  I find it odd that such an advanced race of beings have supporior weapons and no vehicals.  I found it dissopointing that they didn't include any vehicals for the Forrunner. I mean they have the Covenent, UNSC, and the Forrunner as three seperate class of enemies.  They all have different types of enemies in common, as well as different weapons, but only the Forruunner class has no vehicals, not even a turret.  Makes no sense that you can have a high technological advancement with no vehicals...  Anyone have any opinions on this?

Is there really any point? Ultimately they would do everything the UNSC and Covenant vehicles do, no point bringing too many vehicles into the Halo series. Personally, there were enough vehicles. Not sure if you mean Prometheans by the way but either way, I think there are enough vehicles in Halo but now that Halo 5 is coming out I don't see why new vehicles couldn't be introduced. We'll just have to wait and see what 343i will do with the game, in this case regarding the vehicles.

Edited by ShockGazm
  • Like 2

Is there really any point? Ultimately they would do everything the UNSC and Covenant vehicles do, no point bringing too many vehicles into the Halo series. Personally, there were enough vehicles. Not sure if you mean Prometheans by the way but either way, I think there are enough vehicles in Halo but now that Halo 5 is coming out I don't see why new vehicles couldn't be introduced. We'll just have to wait and see what 343i will do with the game, in this case regarding the vehicles.

oh, oops yeah i meant Prometheans 

Though too many vehicles would clutter things up, they could bring them in to replace some vehicles that appeared in previous games but not in Halo 4.

Alternatively they could be campaign/Spartan Ops exclusive. I once had the idea for Prometheans to hijack vehicles and then merge with them, creating a more powerful variant with Promethean design aesthetics. Then if the player could board these new vehicles, they could gain control of a very powerful asset.

• Like 1

Though too many vehicles would clutter things up, they could bring them in to replace some vehicles that appeared in previous games but not in Halo 4.

Alternatively they could be campaign/Spartan Ops exclusive. I once had the idea for Prometheans to hijack vehicles and then merge with them, creating a more powerful variant with Promethean design aesthetics. Then if the player could board these new vehicles, they could gain control of a very powerful asset.

I agree. More vehicles for the Campaign and Spartan Ops would be a great idea.

agreed, maybe a Promethian Flyer as a Spartan Ops/Campaign Exclusive, i think that'll work quite well. 

Yeah, I mean Halo 5 need to have some new additions and variety. This is next gen now, new things need to be added. I'd love to be able to fly a Promethean vehicle of some sort, as you said some sorta flying vehicle would be nice.

Yeah, I mean Halo 5 need to have some new additions and variety. This is next gen now, new things need to be added. I'd love to be able to fly a Promethean vehicle of some sort, as you said some sorta flying vehicle would be nice.

It could replace the Falcon, and can have a hefty transport capacity (maybe 6 players?)

Yeah that would be cool. Especially if they increase the amount of players that can play in multiplayer, specifically for Big Team, that vehicle would be pretty cool to use for transport.

maybe they will add in the pelican for multiplayer, and increase the nuumber of  players in BTB to, like, 32? 

maybe they will add in the pelican for multiplayer, and increase the nuumber of  players in BTB to, like, 32? 

Hmm, I see where you're going with this. You know, this would be an amazing thing to happen, and it would be quite the step into next gen multiplayer if Halo used some ideas from battlefield. Maybe 24 v 24 BTB, of course I'd love 32 v 32 but I'm unsure since Halo hasn't done anything this crazy. ^_^ If 343i could make say 3 crazy big maps and actually make it so it's a 24 v 24 and be able to use pelicans etc I would go mental... in the good way.

Edited by ShockGazm
  • Like 1

Hmm, I see where you're going with this. You know, this would be an amazing thing to happen, and it would be quite the step into next gen multiplayer if Halo used some ideas from battlefield. Maybe 24 v 24 BTB, of course I'd love 32 v 32 but I'm unsure since Halo hasn't done anything this crazy. ^_^ If 343i could make say 3 crazy big maps and actually make it so it's a 24 v 24 and be able to use pelicans etc I would go mental... in the good way.

That would be really cool, especially for objective type games for BTB.  Transport players across the map perhaps even be able to tranport a warthog.  And If this were to happen, would both sides have this option, or would be be spartans vs covenent or some other enemy...

same here, i would actually rip apart my xbox... then march to EB for another one, just to play Halo BTB. The game mode could be renamed to 'Improved Big Team Battle' or 'Mega Big Team'? That image of having pelicans being able to transport lots of infantry is really awesome! Perhaps the Pelican can have two varients, one which carries Warthogs/Scorpion and another where it just takes infantry. 

That would be really cool, especially for objective type games for BTB.  Transport players across the map perhaps even be able to tranport a warthog.  And If this were to happen, would both sides have this option, or would be be spartans vs covenent or some other enemy...

(sorry for hijacking your thread mate xD) 

Maybe the Covenant could use Spirits to carry infantry, and Phantoms thus carry Ghosts and Wraiths.  

Yeah, that would be pretty neat. I just have doubt that this is even possible, I mean battlefield have been doing this sorta thing for a while. And, not forgetting 343i are not as experienced as Bungie, so if they can even pull something like this off is something I doubt but at the same time maybe they can surprise us. I mean, we are now entering the next gen console phase, who knows what they'll do to really outdo our expectations, including their own of course.

same here, i would actually rip apart my xbox... then march to EB for another one, just to play Halo BTB. The game mode could be renamed to 'Improved Big Team Battle' or 'Mega Big Team'? That image of having pelicans being able to transport lots of infantry is really awesome! Perhaps the Pelican can have two varients, one which carries Warthogs/Scorpion and another where it just takes infantry. 

Yeah, that would be crazy. It's a nice thought but as I already posted I have doubt that this is even possible. I'd like for something like this to happen but who really knows. I just can't wait to see what 343i will do to the multiplayer, I think this game will make or break Halo, they have to get it right. Even if they don't do the huge BTB Battle Field style, at least they should focus on what made one of the best multiplayer games on console. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Yeah, that would be pretty neat. I just have doubt that this is even possible, I mean battlefield have been doing this sorta thing for a while. And, not forgetting 343i are not as experienced as Bungie, so if they can even pull something like this off is something I doubt but at the same time maybe they can surprise us. I mean, we are now entering the next gen console phase, who knows what they'll do to really outdo our expectations, including their own of course.

Yeah, that would be crazy. It's a nice thought but as I already posted I have doubt that this is even possible. I'd like for something like this to happen but who really knows. I just can't wait to see what 343i will do to the multiplayer, I think this game will make or break Halo, they have to get it right. Even if they don't do the huge BTB Battle Field style, at least they should focus on what made one of the best multiplayer games on console. Only time will tell.

Once again, i agree with you. Halo 5 will be the Turning Point for the Halo Genre. Maybe TitanFall will reign superior in Sci Fi FPS's? Only time will tell...

• Like 1

Maybe TitanFall will reign superior in Sci Fi FPS's? Only time will tell...

Maybe. The main issues is the fact Titan Fall is multiplayer only. Of course Halo's storyline is what got people hooked in the first place, so TF not having a campaign I think will make it lose it's stature as best Sci Fi FPS if Halo 5 turns out to be disappointing and of course there can only be one superior Sci Fi FPS and that would have to be Destiny. ^_^ Well, if Halo 5 is amazing then both that and Destiny... man I really can't wait to play both games now. I've gotten myself excited, haha.

• Like 1

Maybe. The main issues is the fact Titan Fall is multiplayer only. Of course Halo's storyline is what got people hooked in the first place, so TF not having a campaign I think will make it lose it's stature as best Sci Fi FPS if Halo 5 turns out to be disappointing and of course there can only be one superior Sci Fi FPS and that would have to be Destiny. ^_^ Well, if Halo 5 is amazing then both that and Destiny... man I really can't wait to play both games now. I've gotten myself excited, haha.

TitanFall doesn't have Campaign? That was a bit of a programming error, oh well. Don't even get me started on Destiny, that game looks beautiful and i can't wait to play it! I've also got myself all worked up over the release of Halo 5 xD... i really hope they incorporate pelicans/Battlefield sized maps.   

TitanFall doesn't have Campaign? That was a bit of a programming error, oh well. Don't even get me started on Destiny, that game looks beautiful and i can't wait to play it! I've also got myself all worked up over the release of Halo 5 xD... i really hope they incorporate pelicans/Battlefield sized maps.   

Don't quote me on that, haha. I've heard and read it's an Online game only. Haha, I know dude. Destiny looks unbelievable, it's gonna be great for 343 i gamenights too, well maybe. There's still not a lot about the game we don't know, heck I don't even know if there's some sorta Team Deathmatch. 

• Like 1

Don't quote me on that, haha. I've heard and read it's an Online game only. Haha, I know dude. Destiny looks unbelievable, it's gonna be great for 343 i gamenights too, well maybe. There's still not a lot about the game we don't know, heck I don't even know if there's some sorta Team Deathmatch. 

xD. Destiny and community playdates would be  a match made in heaven! Let's get you up too 200 likes, shall we? 

i think the only reason they dont have vehicles apart for the diadacts ball and the flying banana thing the diacact used is because they dont leave their planet and they can teleport everywhere so there is no point in having a vehicle unless they are travelling to different planets but i guess they just use the flying banana

i think the only reason they dont have vehicles apart for the diadacts ball and the flying banana thing the diacact used is because they dont leave their planet and they can teleport everywhere so there is no point in having a vehicle unless they are travelling to different planets but i guess they just use the flying banana

flying banana xD 

This brings up such a great point. They should have added vehicles for the forerunners..

yeah, i agree.