Boltshot Possibly Confirmed for Next Generation Halo

With the recent release of the Master Chief action figure based off the Xbox One version, 343i could have accidentally leaked the Boltshot's return in Halo Xbox One.

The Z-110 Energy Pistol, better known as the Boltshot, was an immensely popular side-arm in Halo 4, but was often criticized for it's damage ratio and how people could use the pistol. 343i might be keeping the pistol in the long run as the newest action figure for Halo Xbox One's line of toys sports the gun. Similar to how the Halo 2 figure that was relaunched could hint at Halo 2 Anniversary.

post-26953-0-84397000-1393298009_thumb.jpg

Would you enjoy having the Boltshot back?

Source: Gameranx.com

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

Ah beautiful. Thank you Edward this is a fine piece. 

As for my thoughts, yes I'd love to see the Boltshot back and many more weapons. Why? Because I want there to be many weapons in the next Halo! As much as I hate the Boltshot in matchmaking, it is quite helpful in Campaign. And let's not forget about minor upgrade to weapons in between games. Maybe we'll see one with the Boltshot?

I loved the Boltshot and I hope it comes back, people complain about it but whatever, its a gun its easy to use. Take advantage of any chance you get.

I don't see this as an accidental leak though. They probably want us to start making guesses about the game. Just like the Halo 2 statue, most likely to get us pumped for the upcoming anniversary game (hopefully it will happen).

Edited by Yoshi1176

Really op to be a secondary... I think they should change the look a bit and make it a primary weapon. I think that would make more sense

Also, the robe that chiefs wearing, looks like a really poofy burlap sack

• 3 weeks later...

If they do bring it back all i know is i hope they take away that stupid shotgun blast that it started out with or at the very least reduce the damn so it will only pop your shields or something like that i mean seriously people would camp with that thing because of how powerful it is in H4

If they do bring it back all i know is i hope they take away that stupid shotgun blast that it started out with or at the very least reduce the damn so it will only pop your shields or something like that i mean seriously people would camp with that thing because of how powerful it is in H4

I think the charge should be the only fire mode, it should be quicker but take 2 shots to kill. It shouldn't have as much range as it did at launch but it should have more range than it does now. That's if they do keep it in the loadouts. But I still stand by my comment saying that it should be a power weapon, not a standard weapon.

Edited by JXZAW
  • Like 1

they should replace the boltshot with the smg in halo 5 since the boltshot is rather useless and i would definitely use my secondary weapon before i replace it with anything else that is more useful 

I think the charge should be the only fire mode, it should be quicker but take 2 shots to kill. It shouldn't have as much range as it did at launch but it should have more range than it does now. That's if they do keep it in the loadouts. But I still stand by my comment saying that it should be a power weapon, not a standard weapon.

ill agree with that it shud be a two shot kill no matter what loadout or power weapon

There's nothing wrong with having the weapon return in Campaign, Forge, Custom Games, Firefight, and Spartan Ops.

In multiplayer.... I'd rather they wait until they can start getting feedback before they try to include it.

Well the return of the bolt-shot is not necessarily a bad thing. Let's say that 343i decided to do some balancing work on it. Let's say that they made it so that a full charge blast directly to an opponents head (very hard in the heat of battle) would kill him, but a full blast anywhere else would completely lower his shields. In this case you have a Promethean version of the Plasma Pistol that has the ability to kill if used flawlessly, but lacks the ability to EMP vehicles or be effective at long range.

Suddenly it doesn't seem so overpowered...

Edited by SweatyBagels