My Wishlist for H5

iPikaJew

To start off I LOVE Halo for the competitive multiplayer and not so much for the campaign. Don't get me wrong the campaign is still amazing!!

So..

Two separate playlists Ranked and Social.

- A 1 - 50 style ranking system that you can see....AT LAUNCH!

- Social needs a progressive style ranking system (the more you play the higher your rank)

- Ranked would consist of Team Slayer, Team Snipers, Team Swat, Double Team, FFA, and MLG.

- Other possible ranked game types MLG FFA and Team Objective.

- Social would consist of Team Slayer, Rumble Pit, Big Team Battle, Multi Team, Action Sack, Griffball, Infected, and many other FUN game types.

No Sprint

- It breaks map control which is a HUGE part of Halo.

- To easy to run away when getting shot.

No Armor Abilities

- Introduced in Reach ever since then Halo has been on a steady decline...

- If needed take Halo 3's equipment system

DeScope

- Bring it back... Nuff' said.. 

No Loadouts and Ordinance

- No loadouts made Halo standout from other games

- Set weapons on a re-spawn timer

- Loadouts and Ordinance broke map control which again is a HUGE part of Halo  

Please give opinions and feedback!!

I will be adding more to the list when I get the chance tomorrow  

Some of the things I agree with, such as Ranked and Social, and visible 1 to 50.....

But overall I have to disagree. Why? Because this is literally just saying you want Halo 3's mechanics. 

At the very least I'd wish for a revamp, not a redo. Yes, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', but something people tend to forget is that if the game is stale and boring, it's broke.

The simplest change I would make to your wishlist would be to have custom loadouts available in 'Social' playlists. Ordinance, Armor Abilities, should stay the same. They have their pros and cons but in the end they're simply helping the players excel. 

Some of the things I agree with, such as Ranked and Social, and visible 1 to 50.....

But overall I have to disagree. Why? Because this is literally just saying you want Halo 3's mechanics. 

At the very least I'd wish for a revamp, not a redo. Yes, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', but something people tend to forget is that if the game is stale and boring, it's broke.

The simplest change I would make to your wishlist would be to have custom loadouts available in 'Social' playlists. Ordinance, Armor Abilities, should stay the same. They have their pros and cons but in the end they're simply helping the players excel. 

Yeah. I agree with JL.

Also, I do think sprint should be taken out, it's not what Halo's about. Call of Duty has sprint, Halo doesn't need it. That 1 small thing that made Halo  unique.