Grouping Players With Mics In Matches Together...

SatanicBagels

I feel like this has been discussed heavily for the last two Halo games but never got implemented. How cool would it be if 343i made it so that the game could detect whether or not players had a mic plugged in and used that info to group the player with people that also have mics.

It's remarkable that in the days of Halo 2 it seemed like 50-75% of the population you ran into in Matchmaking was using a Mic. Nowadays you can join a BTB game and you're lucky if even 4 people have Mics. What a world of difference it would make if they could add this into the Matchmaking algorithm.

• Like 1

This would either turn into trollfest galore or it would pretty much bring players into competitive gameplay.

Both are fine by me. I've seen what mic-only servers can do on other games; Battlefield 3 as an example - teamwork and similar aspects simply get a raise, and for me, that in turn raises 'fun' levels.

I agree. When I was in a clan, it was a lot more fun being able to call out enemies, vehicles and weapons to my team or give orders. Me and my friend still do this kind of teamwork on CTF (And win most of the time:D) but I wish more people were in game chat.