Predictions for E3: Halo

Sikslik7

468px-E32014-Inline1.jpg

Predictions for E3: Halo

With E3 right around the corner, I feel the need to express what I believe is a huge opportunity for Microsft and 343Industries. This opportunity could send Xbox One sales skyrocketing this coming Fall. Without further ado, I give you my prediction, mainly dealing with exclusive games.  

With the launch of the newest generation of consoles this past Fall, Sony beat out Microsoft with more games, more exclusives, and better announcement timing ( last year's E3 anyone?). Sony launched the PS4 with a new wave of exclusives, a majority of which came from previous hits, while Microsoft lead with new series and a few returning titles. Why is this important? It means this Fall and next Spring a new wave of classics can erupt out of Microsoft and the Xbox exclusives. New games, and the next games in major series that did not launch a new title this last Fall. Sony can only respond by launching new series, but very few on on the docket this fall. 

Now, concerning Halo at E3 this year. I expect a repeat of 2011. Two Halo games will be announced. One for this Fall, and the other for the Fall of 2015. I believe Halo 2 Anniversary will be released this Fall, and Halo 5 will be announced for 2015. A new wave of Halo stuff will also be announced (Trading cards?https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-4-23-14 ) Although there may be a possible Halo Wars 2 (doubtful until after Halo 5), I think Halo 2A has a greater appeal to the older Halo fans and community. Now, why this big announcement? Microsoft took a beating with the Xbox One launch, and need to get back into the game. This next title wave  is just what Microsoft needs to get back into the console battle.

I expect the odd silence from 343Industries these last few months is on purpose. They are hinting at the next big launch. They want to develop on their own, but may want to get the true community to start giving them a perspective of what we the fans want in future games. Whenever a new halo game is announced, or close to launch, thousands get on the bandwagon and spout off their random ideas. This waters-down the effectiveness of how much the community has a say in the game. The community needs to act now and start discussing now, before thousands of people who hardly play the game jump on and shift the game in the wrong direction.  343Industries took very little input from the community with Halo 4, and changed things in weird ways to conform to a small section of players who were not faithful to the franchise. 343Industries needs to get back tot he core Halo roots and with it, the community.

Our task for the community is pretty straightforward right now. Gather your friends, discuss what we want, and share with others. Support the big ideas which you like. Start now, and start discussing! For more inspiration, please read, "I Still Believe" : http://343i.org/1u2

Edited by Sikslik7
  • Like 6

I couldn't agree more with this. 

There's too much hinting toward Halo 2: Anniversary for it to not happen. I agree on your launch time for Halo 5 release as well, there's no way 343 could launch a successful Halo game so quickly unless they used the same engine that was in Halo 4, and I feel that would make more fans angry than happy. As for Halo Wars 2, it would make sense to launch this in between Halo 5 and Halo 6, but gaming developers don't always do what we expect, so you never know.

I think you're right Slik, the community needs to find the best ideas, and elevate them above the rest so that 343 will actually know what we want. Excellent topic to keep us on track, I appreciate you posting this. :yay:

Pretty much what we all know already, Halo 5 gameplay, Halo 2 Anniversary announcement and details about that film thing they're doing... I can't remember. That's my best guess, of course we don't know and can only speculate at this moment, who know what they'll have in store but a lot of us have an good idea.

• Like 1

That prediction sounds... plausible, actually. If Square Enix announces another Final Fantasy 7 or 13 spin-off, then that will drag down Sony's hopes of winning the console battle this year... since the last thing we need is another installment of the Melodramatic Adventures of Cloud and/or Lightning.

• Like 1

I'm still a little lost on the whole "too many hints towards" Halo 2 Anniversary. Aside from one misquoted and misunderstood sarcastic answer from Mr Downes, where is this all inspiring notion that it's real or likely?

What, leaked phony Walmart release dates, and toys? Seriously? That is the bunch of straws you are all gonna grasp at to back up the claim it's likely? Frankly, you should all be ashamed.

After all the hooplah and talk about CEA, versus what we got, what makes you think that even if they did go through with it, that it would be everything we had previously, and not the same dressed up piece of crap.CEA was? Sorry for sounding like a ******, but it is a well known fact that Saber3d is the only existing engine similar enough to Blam! to run a modified and graphically enhanced version of Halo. Which is why it was done for CEA.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm just as mystified and curious about what Microsoft is gonna present, but I don't care for and quite frankly down right hate, is ignorant people using half ass claims and "signs" to validate a point. Show me some real.actual proof that directly points to it, and I'll jump on board. Until then, please don't pass off half baked 2nd and 3rd party reports as legit proof and purpetuate it.

• Like 1

I'm still a little lost on the whole "too many hints towards" Halo 2 Anniversary. Aside from one misquoted and misunderstood sarcastic answer from Mr Downes, where is this all inspiring notion that it's real or likely?

What, leaked phony Walmart release dates, and toys? Seriously? That is the bunch of straws you are all gonna grasp at to back up the claim it's likely? Frankly, you should all be ashamed.

After all the hooplah and talk about CEA, versus what we got, what makes you think that even if they did go through with it, that it would be everything we had previously, and not the same dressed up piece of crap.CEA was? Sorry for sounding like a ******, but it is a well known fact that Saber3d is the only existing engine similar enough to Blam! to run a modified and graphically enhanced version of Halo. Which is why it was done for CEA.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm just as mystified and curious about what Microsoft is gonna present, but I don't care for and quite frankly down right hate, is ignorant people using half *** claims and "signs" to validate a point. Show me some real.actual proof that directly points to it, and I'll jump on board. Until then, please don't pass off half baked 2nd and 3rd party reports as legit proof and purpetuate it.

One word. Bees.

I love bees, the website, is almost the only proof we need. This has been a big part in my thinking Halo 2 Anniversary will happen.

• Like 1

I love bees is from halo 2 in 2004. The site was a marketing ploy initiated and commisioned by Microsoft to promote Halo 2. The site isn't owned by Microsoft, it is owned by 42 Entertainment iirc.

Pointing to an almost 10 year old site that contains the same exact content in its root publication, that it did 10 years ago, is not proof of anything. Like I said, can you point to a site that shows proof of a H2A? Ilovebees is not that. You get an C- for effort though.

• Like 1

I love bees is from halo 2 in 2004. The site was a marketing ploy initiated and commisioned by Microsoft to promote Halo 2. The site isn't owned by Microsoft, it is owned by 42 Entertainment iirc.

Pointing to an almost 10 year old site that contains the same exact content in its root publication, that it did 10 years ago, is not proof of anything. Like I said, can you point to a site that shows proof of a H2A? Ilovebees is not that. You get an C- for effort though.

^ This is correct, the site seems to be exactly as it was 10 years ago. Even the "credits" are the same, and there is no mention of 343i anywhere on the site. This is further indication that it has not been changed since it was last edited 10 years ago. The last edit to the site appears to be November 2, 2004.

• Like 1

^ This is correct, the site seems to be exactly as it was 10 years ago. Even the "credits" are the same, and there is no mention of 343i anywhere on the site. This is further indication that it has not been changed since it was last edited 10 years ago. The last edit to the site appears to be November 2, 2004.

I hate to ever do this but look at go to youtube and look at Halo5Followers videos or "Halo Updates(or FWM as he is known in the affiliates of the site). Their videos showcase a lot more proof then "ilovebees". I don't remember exactly which video but if you care enough about why so many people believe it is happening then please view the videos(it will be the ones with H2A in the title or something, FWM did a great video on it specifically) 

BZ1 is referencing those sources not just ilovebees(but all of them relate to ilovebees and seeing as the website was recently updated not that long ago. And put in charge of a new company if my memory of the video serves me correctly) 

Also if there was no H2A this year 343i would have at least hinted towards it not happening. I am still extremely skeptical and I much prefer Halo 5 if I had to choose(mostly because I need to know what happens in the singleplayer, Halo: Escalation isn't providing enough comfort) 

The site wasn't given or taken ownership by any company.  GoDaddy is the owner of the domain, and it is set to expire in June 2014.  If Ilovebees was going to be a main reference, perhaps the people using videos and pointing to it, should have done a little domain research?

Aside from that, I can go around the internet myself, and pull all sorts of 3rd party links to say "Halo 6 is going to be VR immersion" and that halo 6 PC is coming.  I can do this by the same methods as Halo 5follower or any other lame Youtuber.  All it takes is pointing to links and selectively taking context out of articles and videos.

I seem to recall the same thing about the XB1 dev kit argument.  BUT, if you bother to read the article and direct quotes from Microsoft, they state clearly "THIS DOES NOT MAKE YOUR CONSOLE A DEV KIT".  Again people, read into whatever lame half baked posts you want, but I reserve my optimism for when it is deserved, aka official Microsoft word.

Halo 5follower... Right...

Halo 5follower takes his news from... well everywhere. Which means a good chunk of it is unreliable. Actually, pretty much everything he doesn't get from main news sources is unreliable. I remember the "reaper" incident, where he posted "concept art" for a weapon called "the reaper" and claimed that it would be a weapon in Halo 4. What he didn't do was his homework and I'm sure it embarrassed him when he found out that the concept art for that weapon is not only faked, but was actually originally thrown out there when Halo 2 originally came out. Only difference was that someone removed the Bungie watermark and replaced it with a 343i one.

Halo 5follower is like the "National Enquirer" of Halo news.

I do hope for a H2A, because I would love to play it. I am not going to believe it until I hear it from 343i or Microsoft though. I can't... I can't be hurt again. q.q

E3 2011 I believe it was: Microsoft released teaser to Halo 4.

E3 2012: Microsoft released gameplay footage. 

Halo 4 released in November 2012.

E3 2013: Microsoft stated more Halo would come 2014, and released a video of Halo on Xbox One.

2014: Spartan Assault.

My prediction for 2014 E3: Microsoft releases a bigger teaser and talks about what it wants to do with Halo 5. 

2015: Halo 5 gets released.

Following the Halo 5 presentation at E3, They will announce a huge DLC or small game similar to ODST that will be released later this year.

• Like 1

Twin here's some jumbled evidence

"TITANFALL-BRANDED XBOX ONE CONSOLES GIVEN TO RESPAWN EMPLOYEES

No word on whether it'll come to retail.

Members of the dev team took to Twitter to reveal photos of their new consoles, which were originally revealed via an insider a couple of months ago.

Twitter post from @xRYAN350xcP on March 7, 2014

"Check out my new #Titanfall Dev Team Xbox One. This is the real deal guys." pic.twitter.com/wYHcKynch4

This is where things get interesting. In case you missed it a couple of months ago, a supposed Microsoft insider made a number of claims about the company's plans for the coming years. Among them were rumours that Halo 2 Anniversary would be coming later this year, along with lots of other claims about release dates and reports that white, disc-less and Titanfall-themed Xbox One models are also on the way.

Following the recent announcement regarding the Titanfall Xbox One bundle that's coming to retail, the assumption was the original image was a fake. Now, it transpires this isn't the case.

What does this mean for the rest of the leaked products and details the insider posted about? Microsoft hasn't responded to any of them, except for rumours surrounding Halo 2 Anniversary and a potential delay for Halo 5."

(Diverting from the article I just quoted)

The actual source was a user on NeoGaf, but I think now the thread has been deleted. He/She posted a crap ton of information relating to different games and such, one of them Halo 5 and 2 anniversary.

I saw some of the actual text from the post, though I have not seen the actual Thread. I posted this information over on another forum DarkPerfection. I posted this without directly quoting the post, so I have included additional words. I think a few minutes digging should find you the actual text from the Original post.

Here's a quote from my topic.

"...But according to a reputable (albeit new) poster on the NeoGaf Forum (who I've heard is a respectable one who is usually right), Microsoft isn't preparing to release a sequel in the Halo franchise until November 2015."

"The source claims Halo 2 Anniversary Edition will release for Xbox One on November 11, 2014, and that both Halo 3 and Halo 4 will be ported to Xbox One at an unknown time. The source also says there will be 2 live action video series during the same time span."

(Diverting from the quote, it has now been also confirmed that there are 2 independent Halo live action series being produced. The TV series and a Movie. Look it up.)

"Halo 2 Anniversary Edition is also said to ship with 1080p support and beta access to Halo 5. The source says it will arrive in two different versions: a “Collector’s Edition” and a “War Collection.”

"The thread also includes several other non-Halo tidbits. In no particular order, the poster claims Forza Horizon, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive will ship later this year. Fable Legends will arrive next summer and Crackdown 3 will arrive sometime in 2016."

"And if im not mistaken, all of this is in addition to rumors of a White Xbox One and a Cheaper Xbox One at 399$ that is reported to run without a disc drive at all, and rely on the Xbox Live Marketplace to download titles."

The poster then proceeded to post about the Titanfall Xbox One, and it's picture. I don't have the actual text, but I think some of it is still viewable on the Internet.

So looking back on the poster, we have 2 confirmations from the post that have become true. The 2 different Halo Live action series, and the Titanfall Xbox One. So it's apparent that maybe the rest of the information could be credible as well, including the Halo posts.

I'm sorry I couldn't get the rest of the additional info, so for now this is my evidence.

LMAO.  I'm totally tempted to make this happen!

Vague references at best.  I could claim again, Halo 6 for Fall of 2017.  Does that mean my "insider" leaks are correct, or that they exist?  No it doesn't.  Show me names, not usernames hidden behind a 3rd party site.  Show me contact emails for these "insiders" that magically never get caught by their parent company?  Seriously.... all these leaks that get reported yet no one publically or officially gets fired?  I seem to remember the same kind of claims being thrown around about CEA.  Claims that stated that CE's multiplayer would be standalone.  Again, everything is speculation with no concrete evidence to back it up.

LMAO.  I'm totally tempted to make this happen!

Vague references at best.  I could claim again, Halo 6 for Fall of 2017.  Does that mean my "insider" leaks are correct, or that they exist?  No it doesn't.  Show me names, not usernames hidden behind a 3rd party site.  Show me contact emails for these "insiders" that magically never get caught by their parent company?  Seriously.... all these leaks that get reported yet no one publically or officially gets fired?  I seem to remember the same kind of claims being thrown around about CEA.  Claims that stated that CE's multiplayer would be standalone.  Again, everything is speculation with no concrete evidence to back it up.

The user probably was an employee of some sort that as far as we know actually did get fired. We don't know. Plus do you actually think an employee would post with all his/her information on the thread thinking they won't get fired? Obviously they're going to hide they're identity.

Even if the information is "vague" as you call it, it is still credible due to some of it being confirmed by respectable sources.

Also define "Concrete". You mean the actual post?

By concrete, I mean actual proof that the information came from the source it's claiming to.  Microsoft, Activision, Apple, etc, all these companies have a myriad of policies in place.  Further, they have a high structure of security and information security in place.  Leaks can't happen period, without said leaker being identified by the company.  Who in their right mind would risk a high profile job, a future career in the industry, and a **** ton of lawsuits, just to provide a leak about a release date?

Seriously, get a little age behind yourself and a firmer grasp of the industry, and you would be just as skeptical and dumbfounded about "leaks".  Vague or general statements that don't contain concrete or solid dates, times and people, are no different than fake ass fortune tellers, using vague general statements to trick people into believing they can see the future.

Like I said, I have proof that Halo 6 will be coming out in 2017, and it's multiplatform including Wii and PC.  Let me go get some links, some 3rd party statements and a few photo shopped pictures (which you can't confirm they were altered) and then what?  Are you gonna back me up as this being legit or maybe it might be true?

*face palm*

THE IMAGES WERE LITERALLY REAL. The dev posted the actual picture of the Xbox on the Twitter post. I highly doubt They would've Photo shopped that. Furthermore the User posted an image of the exact same Xbox months before the Dev posted the Twitter post.

And you think the Gaming industry is a 100% pure running Machine that has absolute 0 leaks? It happens all the time. Plus what if the Company rubbed the Employee wrong, and they wanted revenge by ruining the companies schedule of information releases? People get angry and do stupid things without planning ahead. They also do stupid things for stupid reasons because of negative variables, like drugs, drinking, financial ruin etc.

Ill just agree to disagree. I'm getting out of here. Like you've said in the "343 has to get it right.." I'm gracefully leaving. Does not mean you've won.

Funny, you will walk in debate the "facts or "proof" that is suggested, yet you stroll past my claim about something I predicted, or suggested without argument? Curious....

Did I mention or say the dev kit was fake? No, I did not. I called out the claims about projects in development and their supposed release dates. If your gonna debate something, commit to it.