What happen to the competitive halo community?

TrulyExclusive

• 2 weeks later...

What happen or what happened...?

In any case, while I agree with your ideas, i don't think it's up to us to say what people are missing. The 'true halo experience' is simply what people experience. 3/4 of the playerbase who have Halo games do not have Gold and do not play online, and only singleplayer campaign. That would have been their experience. Each different person has a different 'true halo experience' and while the people who are nostalgic for the old Halo 1/2/3 competitive play might be sad that newer players miss out on that experience - and rightfully so - that experience has never been the one and only 'true' one.

Halo will evolve and change, for better or for worst. Should Halo 5 have that competitive feel back? Yes, I think it definitely needs it. And I would be very happy to have it back. But I can't force it to come back, and I can't force that experience on others.

I would say brining back Comptive in Halos key to success. Come on when Reach and Halo 4 came out there were casual games and well compared to Halo 3 and 2 they were flops. Yes I know that lots of other games like Cod and stuff like that was not really around then or at least as big as they are now. But really bringing back Comptive could really help Halo 5 revive the Halo franchise. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Competition is dependent on the player, not the game. To be frank, most of these uber "competative" players simply just want to see a payoff for competing in the form of a silly number. It is their own fault for allowing such meaningless trinkets of praise, change their own competative nature. Not to mentuon that once you get older, you tend to look back and see the game for what is, and laugh about how so much of your life was consumed...then you start to think about how it meant nothing overall and such.

• Like 1

once you get older, you tend to look back and see the game for what is, and laugh about how so much of your life was consumed...then you start to think about how it meant nothing overall and such.

That part I am going to disagree with.

Maily because games mean a lot to some people and a lot of people play it and still enjoy all the time put into it even when they're older. Of course it is all a matter of opinion.

but back on topic everyone. I agree with most of Twins post, competitive players nowadays just want to get some reward out of it(in this case being money)

Competition is dependent on the player, not the game. To be frank, most of these uber "competative" players simply just want to see a payoff for competing in the form of a silly number. It is their own fault for allowing such meaningless trinkets of praise, change their own competative nature. Not to mentuon that once you get older, you tend to look back and see the game for what is, and laugh about how so much of your life was consumed...then you start to think about how it meant nothing overall and such.

Doesn't matter; reached 50.

It's just a number, but we create the meaning ourselves. Competitive ranking is an incentive to play, and more incentive only helps the game's life.

• Like 1