I do not know why the UNSC or ONI is doing this to Master Chief!

Like what the hell is ONI or UNSC doing to Chief!

Just Recently I checked out an Encyclopedia on Halo. I believe its this book here:

halo-encyclopedia-cover.jpg

And as I flipped through the pages, I got to a page telling us about Master Chief.

I was like what the F :censored:  :shock:  :shok: 

It said something about People still searching for him after decades had passed by...

Does this mean after the incident where Master Chief blew up the ring a second time? Or after he disappears after the event of Halo 4?

Why did ONI or UNSC not tell anybody! Like what the F :censored: !!!!

Please tell me what you think about this...its really making me mad (mad as in crazy)! 

Thanks for reading,

Ruby Rose

I have that book as well and it does not include Halo 4.

And if you have that book also it does not include Halo Reach, I have the one that does includes Halo Reach

About the people searching for him 343I changed that so Halo 4 takes place 4 years after Halo 3 instead of ( in this book ) 10. :)

The books and the games are not compatible in any (mostly) way.

If you read the books and play the game then you will notice a huge difference, in fact, as far as I know there is only one book that is same as the game.  Halo Combat Evolved.  Except for the ODST story line in the book, the game is an almost mirror to the game.  Which would make an excellent game for the Xbox One, if they remake Halo for the Xbox One.  A sort of side game, as Halo 3 ODST was to Halo 3.

The encyclopedia was last updated back in Halo Reach. That was 4 years ago, in the Halo Universe very few people know Master Chief survived and the public still thinks he is missing. Not even Dr.Halsey knew he was alive when she was onboard the Infinity. Not even the Arbiter knows he is alive, and chances are not even Spartan Blue Team knows their leader is back in action. 

It isn't that hes missing a second time its as simple as the PUBLIC(This referring to people within the Halo universe) does not know the truth about what happened to Master Chief after the events at The Ark. They think he heroically sacrificed himself to save humanity and is now missing forever. 

ALTHOUGH. I may be wrong on that one. Please understand the Halo Encyclopedia has NOT BEEN UPDATED to include content from Halo 4. So it could simply be that. 

Bnus the Halo Encyclopedia has not been updated to include Halo 4 as of now.

When Bungie first published it they though they were going to make Halo 4 and so set the date to 10 years.

But then they made Halo Reach and then the 10 year date never got changed. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

The books and the games are not compatible in any (mostly) way.

If you read the books and play the game then you will notice a huge difference, in fact, as far as I know there is only one book that is same as the game.  Halo Combat Evolved.  Except for the ODST story line in the book, the game is an almost mirror to the game.  Which would make an excellent game for the Xbox One, if they remake Halo for the Xbox One.  A sort of side game, as Halo 3 ODST was to Halo 3.

They're all 'compatible' except Fall of Reach. The Flood is the only other one that takes place during one of the games and that is just a retelling of the game itself. First Strike is the story of how Master Chief got back to Earth for Halo 2. Ghosts of Onyx, Cole Protocol, and Harvest are all sort of independent stories with information on some main characters. The Kilo-Five trilogy is what happens between Halo 3 and 4. And the forerunner trilogy is to enlighten us about the forerunner.

Maybe compatible is the wrong word.  But the books and the games do not tally, maybe tally is the right word...

In Halo Reach, Spartan IIIs are running around in the open, in the books Spartan IIIs are a closely guarded secret, in fact they are on a different planet.  A planet I might add is not on any star charts, as it was removed to keep it secret.  Secret being the word here, no one know they exist, except the very few that were part of the program.  This is one example where the books and games do not tally, or are even compatible.

Fall of Reach is basically the beginning of the Halo story, this can be also another example of the game and books not tallying up, the book Fall of Reach is a mash up of Halo and Halo Reach games.

The Flood is the game Halo, that is the only book to tally completely with any of the games.

Bnus the Halo Encyclopedia has not been updated to include Halo 4 as of now.

Thats what I said  :wallbash:

The encyclopedia was last updated back in Halo Reach. That was 4 years ago, in the Halo Universe very few people know Master Chief survived and the public still thinks he is missing. Not even Dr.Halsey knew he was alive when she was onboard the Infinity. Not even the Arbiter knows he is alive, and chances are not even Spartan Blue Team knows their leader is back in action. 

It isn't that hes missing a second time its as simple as the PUBLIC(This referring to people within the Halo universe) does not know the truth about what happened to Master Chief after the events at The Ark. They think he heroically sacrificed himself to save humanity and is now missing forever. 

ALTHOUGH. I may be wrong on that one. Please understand the Halo Encyclopedia has NOT BEEN UPDATED to include content from Halo 4. So it could simply be that. 

Please understand the Halo Encyclopedia has NOT BEEN UPDATED to include content from Halo 4.