Director's Log

Вход Директора 001

Июнь 1963

Марс колонии «Новая Земля»

День 3

Мы успешно создали импровизированную базy на поверхности Марса.

Translating from <RU.LANG> to <EN.LANG>

Director’s Log 001

June 1963

Mars Colony ‘The New Land’

Day 3

We successfully established a makeshift base on the surface of Mars. We weren’t entirely sure what to expect, and we still aren’t. Aliens? An American colony? No. The Americans cannot even get a rocket off the ground, so why should I think they could get here.

President Khrushchev was at first skeptical about skipping the moon and going straight to Mars. The Soviet Space Program told him that there was much more to be studied and harvested on Mars, including all the iron. I was skeptical too, because Siberia already had tonnes and tonnes of iron already, but the SSP assured him it was the right thing to do.

There isn’t much to do. SSP said that a second unmanned rocket with all the supplies we needed to start up the colony would arrive in a few days. They also said if there is even the slightest bit of miscalculation or interference on the way to Mars, the rocket wouldn’t arrive and we would die out here. Way to encourage us.

Dmitri says that a day on Mars lasts roughly as long as a day on Earth, so the day/night cycles would be the about the same as Earth. Maybe this will help us sleep.

I hope to God that rocket arrives.

Edited by HaloGeek
  • Like 3

I wish you gave a reference to Laskey. His last name has some resemblance to something Russian, but I guess it may not be quite as relevant as a Russian name as I think it is. Hope this didn't offend you as this is a 'Halo' site after-all, and if it doesn't have any negative effects on the work it would be cool to have more allusions to Halo lore. 

Still think Vigilant Intellect was either you or Bnus. 

I enjoy how short it is because it makes for a easy read/easy to stay updated

I also like the little quirks such as <RU.Lang> <EN.Lang> and such. They help with the world building of the story.

Hope to see this continue HG!  :thumbup: