Abuse of license transferring?

Warlord0520

I've never licensed transferred anything before, I'm guessing it's supposed to help people transfer storage from one Xbox to the other. But, it seems like people use it to get free stuff all the time and the more and more I read about how people get "said items" free from a friend, when I had to pay a large amount of money for that item and people an just give it to friends for free makes no sense. Like how the fotus armor on halo4 is supposed to be rare, but can't people just transfer that beyond accounts and get away with it? And if that's the case, then wouldent Microsoft lose money in exclusive sales, it's almost like, hey why not buy the legendary edition of halo:reach for $100+ when I can get a friend to transfer red flames to me for free.

Has anyone else felt the same way? Or is is how license transfer is meant to be used? I'm just confused on why so many people get away with this crap.

This is one of the ways License Transfer is meant to be used. People just happen to abuse it.

Keep in mind your account can only do ONE license transfer every FIVE months, and sometimes it doesn't fully work so you would have to wait another FIVE months to try again. Totally unproductive. That being said the system is meant for people who share accounts, xboxes, or they are switching accounts/xboxes.

Plus keep in mind even if your friend license transfers you the Red Flames or FOTUS armor you will NOT have those items in your download history and if you delete them from your HDD you will have to download them again. 

Well um, there is a work around for it not being in your download history.

I just um, switch accounts with someone and download it on my own xbox and we switch back. 

I got like 4 thing in my download histroy which are from my brother and not from me.

I find that license transferring is not a horrible thing how it is right now. I think it distributes DLC rather nicely. Not everyone is willing to pay the price of some DLC. It may make the actual people who pay unhappy, but hey, that's just more butts to kick or potential people to meet. Along with the 5 month wait time and the shoddy chance for success, it balances itself out.

In my circumstance, I received all the Black Ops 2 Zombie maps through my friend this way. I only wanted the game for Zombies, but I wasn't going to pay 40$ for the game plus the 4 DLCs that came with it. Had I not done this, then I'd be stuck playing Tranzit everyday, and Tranzit... Is just an awful map.