Halo Community Member Spotlight: Saucey

communitymember-spotlight_800-d47056deeb

Every other Monday, we feature an individual who is a positive and active member of the Halo community. This week the spotlight turns to Saucey!

Question: What’s your gamertag and its origin?

Answer: When I was in middle school my friends and I would play Halo 2 on Xbox Live quite a bit. While most people were using phrases like "get wrecked" to humiliate their opponents after a game, our common phrase would be "Get the Sauce" or "Get Sauced on.” Kind of weird, and strange, but we all felt like it was funny for whatever reason. So naturally I ended up changing my gamertag to "Saucey" because I hand out that sauce to my opponents. 

Q: Tell us about the first time you played Halo.

A: In middle school, I believe sixth grade was the first time I played Halo. We were at my friend’s house for a birthday party and everyone was split-screening Halo 2. I distinctly remember playing a few games and thinking how incredible this game was, and how I needed to go and get my Mom to buy me an Xbox right when I got home…which I successfully accomplished, and proceeded to tear it up on the mean streets of Xbox Live.