Eurogamer Halo 5 Plot Details

Today (or by this point yesterday) Eurogamer posted an article revealing some details relating to Halo 5: Guardians' plot. 343i's studio boss Bonnie Ross is the one who spilled the beans.

Agent Locke/Nightfall and the Green Machine :yay: :

Anyhoo I'll begin. Eurogamer says that Agent Locke has large prominence (aka "Key Role") in Halo 5, but the Chief is still the alpha poodle (aka 2: The Star of the show). Relating to Locke, Halo: Nightfall will be the origin story of Locke. It gives some optional background for the character, and you won't miss out if you don't watch it. Kind of like Forward Unto Dawn... but we gonna watch it anyway fo dayum shure!

Relating to the Chief...

"He is human, he's always been human, but at the end of Halo 4 he really is reflecting on who he is and why he exists," Ross says.

"That was very deliberate because the story we want to tell on Xbox One really is an important part and the main part of (t)his hero's journey. It's more about what he's searching for versus what the UNSC is asking him to do.

"(Halo 5 is) a continuation of Master Chief's story."

Haler 2: Anniversary Arbiter connection.

Eurogamer follows with the info that the Halo 2: Anniversary Terminals will be from the perspective of The Arbiter. Then they post a completely new (well to me. I didn't see this, nor mention of it whatsoever up to this point) bit of an apparently bombastic Cinematic from E3. "How well do you know your friend, human? And what would you call me if you learned the truth of what I have done?" That's an obvious reference to how The Arbiter commanded the fleet that glassed Reach (aka 3: Blew it to hell).... well I think that's right. I gotta read up on the lore more. Continuing, He also lead the same fleet to Installation 04, and was branded a Heretic after it's destruction at the hands of the Green Flamingo. If Locke were to learn this... well monkey wrenches will be flying through the air is all I'll say.

Unfortunately right now I can't go fetch the cinimatic in question, so we'll just have to take Eurogamer's word for it (they talked to Bonnie so we'll forgive them).

The OTHER Halo Video Series surfaces!

Then some surprise info from the Halo TV show by none other than the Steven Spielberg himself (which I previously thought was an independent series from Halo 5).

Eurogamer says that 343 plans to connect the Halo TV show (working title Halo The Television Series) with Halo 5: The Uber-Tastic Guardians.

Steven "The REAL Dirty Dan" Spielberg is working this as separate from the Halo: Nightfall series "Ride Or Die" Scott is producing. Halo The Television Series will launch generally around the same time as Halo 5: Guardians, in the autumn (probably November like always) of 2015.

The Euro says that Ross gave the idear that Halo 5, and Spielberg's TV show will be linked in "more ways than one."

"It does give you a more interesting entertainment experience," Ross said. "At Comic-Con we'll talk a lot more about what we're doing with TV and what we can do with it on Xbox One, and how we're viewing it. It's a lot more seamless going from game to different experiences."

"One thing we'll talk more about at Comic-Con is what we can do with linear on Xbox One that we couldn't do on 360. It's super exciting for us to think about a digital series and television.

"Halo 5 is a lot about his future, but as you'll see through all of the linear pieces we've woven through, his past is key to his future."

BETAAAAAA!!

Not much new was said relating to this besides the "Yeah we'll be watching the Beta like the NSA watches over the general populace"

....Too soon? Let's move on.

Frank "The Stank" 'O Connor gives some mumbo jumbo relating to the challenges 343 faces with the beta, and what they'd like to see... but also says "How are they dealing with new weapons?"... yeah that's a colossal amount of info right there. Wow thanks Self Destruct for posting something we ALREADY KNOW!!

You're welcome! :D

Forerunners... and yes, you guessed it! PROMETHEANS!!!

As that glamorous sub-title says, Bonnie "The Boss, and Self Destruct has to stop giving nicknames to people" Ross says:

"We decided to do a little bit more detail on the Forerunners," Ross screamed (she actually said it politely, but screaming catches your attention doesn't it? I thought so). "We wanted to bring a new enemy class into Halo, so we spent a lot more time mapping out exactly what that culture (is?). It does play a big role in Halo 5 and beyond."

So there you have it. Prometheans (aka 4: those crazy dudes wit the faces and all dat) will be making a comeback... let's hope I'm interpreting this correctly.

Lastly, "We also had a tendency to kill all of our characters besides Master Chief. We are not Game of Thrones, and we actually want to make sure going forward we have a larger cast of characters with which to tell stories."

...Soooo that may be a nod to The Ur-Didact (who fell to his apparent (and probably too soon untimely death for his first in-game appearance) pineapple house. Wait... wat?). Oh and obviously he's coming back... if you have seen the cover for Halo: Escalation #9... where Didact is laying some smack-down on the Chief.

Suuu... yeah that's it. Eurogamer is a saviour to us all. Thoughts? Hallucinations? If the last one is so, then I cease to exist.

SOURCE: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-343s-master-plan-for-halo-5-guardians

Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 5