Halo Bulletin MCC Answer highlights

In the new Halo Bulletin on Waypoint (6.19.14) Bravo took to the Waypoint forums to answer some questions regarding the Master Chief Collection.

I've managed to sew together the new information. Due to some of the answers being vague (at least for me) my interpretation may be wrong or off. Sorry about that.

-

1. It will be downloadable on the Xbox One Marketplace, and will retain access to Halo: Nightfall, and the Halo 5: Guardians Beta.

2. Bravo states that the "goal" is to include the original Custom Games options for each game.

3. Halo 4, or CE will NOT have playable Elites.

4. Someone mentioned Button Combos (like BXR. Never heard of "Button Combos" before) for Halo 2 campaign, and Bravo assured that BXR and other Combos will be present. However he did say some of them will not work as they did in the original.

5. There will be universal Control Schemes that work for all games. There are still Dedicated Control Schemes for individual titles if you prefer them.

6. There will be a Spectator experience that allows Online players to stream their gameplay to Twitch. There is no in-game Spectator utility though.

7. The Master Cheif Collection Matchmaking will feature NO Join-In-Progress.

8. Co-Op in the MCC will feature Split-Screen, and Online play. Here's the Co-Op list and functionality:

• Halo: CE Anniversary – 2 players max, split-screen or online
  • Halo 2: Anniversary – 2 players max, split-screen or online
  • Halo 3 – 4 players max online, 2 players max split-screen
  • Halo 4 – 4 players max online, 2 players max split-screen

9. According to the Bulletin, ALL will start from ground zero for "rank, stats, armor, and more".

10. Regarding a question whether Halo 4 Medals will be present in the Halo 2 remastered maps, Bravo assured that some of the medals and "assets" in the E3 Ascension gameplay are placeholders, and in my opinion will probably be changed.

-

Yet again Bravo denied the possibility of a 360 release by saying "We do not have any plans to bring the game to Xbox 360 as the game size, enhanced features and technical specifications simply can’t support it.".

He also pretty much said the same thing as Frankie when asked about a PC version. They are focusing on the Xbox One right now. Don't fret though. Frankie did say that it wasn't impossible for it to happen. Maybe when the MCC ships in November they'll attempt to do something for the PC.

Here are the rest of the questions if y'all want to check 'em out.:

SOURCE: https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-6-19-14

Thoughts?

PS: If that was you BaconShelf who asked the question relating to the Stats, I commend you for getting your question answered :)

Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 3

How is having the original custom games options a goal? It was because of Halo 2's custom game options being so detailed that it led to so many great games like, tower of power, tremors, cat and mouse, hide and seek and juggernaut. That was a huge part of Halo 2's multiplayer.

You just kinda answered your own question. Those features you stated are a reason why 343 wants to keep it as true to the original as possible.

Ultimately I can see some things being changed to accommodate the 60 fps and graphical upheaval.