NEW video game systems

zzxx4

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt it for a while. Kinect and a new 360 has just come out so microsoft need to let that run its course first before they think of doing something else. Also, new consoles are'nt needed much anymore as most of the changes that used to be only achievable by creating a new console are now possible to send out to current consoles via Xbox LIVE in updates such as the NXE for example. A complete overhaul of the 360's system. I'd say it'll be a while before any new consoles come out, especially a new xbox.

With their kinect just coming out it will be several years before Microsoft can do something. Sony is busy with the NGP or PSP 2 and their PS phone. Nintendo and Microsoft are most likely to have something new.

I however would love to see a browser on the xbox, similar to the PS3's browser.

They've been pumping up the xbox for too long. The chance of them creating a new system anytime soon is extremely low.

The only thing they can be seen to be doing anytime in the next 5+ years is creating an "upgraded" xbox, like the slim. However, since the slim was released so recently, that isn't expected to come around for another 3-5 years.

Well you never know with microsoft

No you do. They're cash-cows.

If it's not financially a good decision to make a new console they won't. And right now, unless they make something that will totally blow the competition out of the water, it is not financially a good decision to make a new console.

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt it for a while. Kinect and a new 360 has just come out so microsoft need to let that run its course first before they think of doing something else. Also, new consoles are'nt needed much anymore as most of the changes that used to be only achievable by creating a new console are now possible to send out to current consoles via Xbox LIVE in updates such as the NXE for example. A complete overhaul of the 360's system. I'd say it'll be a while before any new consoles come out, especially a new xbox.

agreed

Yeah they did touch a little on the kinect in terms of interaction with the new Halo. But console wise, everyone is right. Although the system lacked initially in heat prevention, they did a remarkable job laying out the board and hardware. using advanced hardware with little software support was a smart idea. As a general rule, they say that it takes 7 years for software to completely reach the same tech ground as the hardware it is programmed to run on. Microsoft knew this and designed a console that could last 7 years or more based soley on software upgrades to improve the hardwares fuctionality. Kudos to you Microsoft on that one!