NEW video game systems

zzxx4

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt it for a while. Kinect and a new 360 has just come out so microsoft need to let that run its course first before they think of doing something else. Also, new consoles are'nt needed much anymore as most of the changes that used to be only achievable by creating a new console are now possible to send out to current consoles via Xbox LIVE in updates such as the NXE for example. A complete overhaul of the 360's system. I'd say it'll be a while before any new consoles come out, especially a new xbox.

disagree with not needing to make a new console, while they can update the console, they can only do it to the performance capabilities of that console until they need to install new hardware (i.e. new console)

disagree with not needing to make a new console, while they can update the console, they can only do it to the performance capabilities of that console until they need to install new hardware (i.e. new console)

I guess I can somewhat agree to this.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it for a while. Kinect and a new 360 has just come out so microsoft need to let that run its course first before they think of doing something else. Also, new consoles are'nt needed much anymore as most of the changes that used to be only achievable by creating a new console are now possible to send out to current consoles via Xbox LIVE in updates such as the NXE for example. A complete overhaul of the 360's system. I'd say it'll be a while before any new consoles come out, especially a new xbox.

I hope not or wait no i hope so just make it so it can still play old xbox games and 360 games.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you're facing up to the facts. Good job kid. If you keep this up maybe you can fix your chronic lying problem, as demonstrated two posts above.

You realize he's a community Moderator right?

Anyways, for what I have seen elsewhere on the web we may not see another console system ever. At least not in the way we know it. Everything is going to the cloud.

All games could stream seamlessly online in the next 4-5 years. No need for discs, storage hard drive etc.

So many tech devices, mostly apple stuff, can already do this. You have one small device that pulls the content from the web and renders it on your tv. All you need is a controller.

Anyone have an apple tv? That type of technology will be able to stream games in the next few years easily.