343i 38th weekly community poll abridged edtion

I just noticed BZ was not here, it may be a little late but better late than never. Also be warned my community cannot copy and paste images, so don't expect them to be here unless a Mod can edit them in, I will leave links here. Also my computer cannot do any other text than white text.

WP2bd2d.png

Welcome one and all to the 343 weekly community poll !

Last weeks community polls asked members of this great forum what was their favourite vehicle was to appear in the Halo series Here is the results of the poll :

The Warthog in all its glory managed to win the poll and Coldfreeze is here to tell us why.

Just love the warthog. It has been my favorite vehicle since Halo CE. 

I am actually quite a good driver and in every Halo I know how to control it easily, but as P34nut is sometimes my co driver and well I screw things up ( I am so good at screwing things up...this one ti.... uhm kuch) Like I said P34nut has seen some of my lesser moments but also some of my finer moments while driving this amazing vehicle. 

But now it is time for a new question. 
I have always wanted to see this in a poll here and I suppose it has made it in. So I ask you all a simple question. 

If Master Chief and Noble six fought one another, who do you think would win ? :thumbsup:

2721739-masterchiefnobarcode.jpg

vs

Noble_Six.jpg 

Don't forget to leave your thoughts along with your vote in the comments below.

DEADLINE NEXT MONDAY GMT. 

Enjoy, hopefully I didn't do too bad.

Edited by SiberianHuskyY
Fixed formatting.
  • Like 1

Fantastic work Caboose. 

Don't tell Kat that the Warthog is the Vehicle of chose ;).

as for whether or not Noble 6 or the Chief would win: I'm going to have to go with Chief because he is just amazing lol.

Again, fantastic job.

H5 f.   

D_D and Coolie are supposed to be making the next polls for the rest of summer(I might also help too) since BZ1 will be too busy.

Noble Six will win because he has Noble team on his side :P

unless it is after they're all dead...................

Caboose, you have a typo in your thread title.

And also pls use img bbcode correctly. You don't even need to know BB code to use images in the text editor here.

As for who would win, that depends wholly on the factors. Does Chief have Cortana with him? Does Noble 6 have the rest of his team with him? Both are important factors to who they are.

For a one on one Master Chief will win. It will be a good fight, but MC being a Spartan-II gives him the overall edge. Kal825B did a thread on the superiority of Spartan classes to the others. His thread pretty much explains it. http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/36313-individual-superiority-of-spartan-soldiers-from-each-program/page-?mode=show

Chief wins mainly due to the fact that the GEN 2 Spartans took to the augmentations better then GEN 3s. Spartan 3s were made more in mass, trying to make tons of lesser Spartans in an attempt to have the same power as a few GEN 2s. That means Noble 6 would be much more weak on his own. However, the reason I say it would be a hard fight for Chief... is because think about how special those two are. They were both chosen by Cortana. Any Spartan chosen by Cortana, is a cut above the rest. 

Since the OP wasn't specifically clear on the question, I'm going to put in assumptions for the sake of my answer.

Assumption 1: Masterchief has his Smart AI Cortana in his suit.

Assumption 2: Noble 6 does NOT have any member of the Noble Team with him, because he is a lone wolf soldier.

Assumption 3: Both combatants have full access to the UNSC/ONI handheld arsenal.

Assumption 4: This battle is on the planet Reach since both combatants have history on this planet.

Assumption 5: No combatant can call upon anyone else for assistance for the duration of the fight.

Assumption 6: This battle occurs at the time of the Fall of Reach, so using their skill sets at this specific time period.

Now that I've cleared that up, it's easy to say that Noble 6 would be Chief. Chief has luck, and that's why Cortana chose him, but he's not an omnipotent being that is saved at a 100% success rate.

Noble 6 is described as "Hyper Lethal Vector" for a reason, he is able to take down any sort of foe even if the odds are against him, and that's completely alone. Masterchief on the other hand has had to rely on teams, he wasn't special when training, he wasn't the best at any specific quality of a Spartan. He wasn't the best at sniping, hand to hand combat, vehicular combat, nothing. He was only good because he was lucky and had a good team around him. Noble 6 relied purely on himself, he had no backup, he was alone in everything he did up until his superiors transferred him into Noble Team.

Sure Masterchief is a LOT stronger, faster, agile than Noble 6. This would normally put all the money onto him, but Noble 6 is an extremely intelligent Spartan, Chief relies on others to work with and solve a problem, which 6 creates solutions out of nothing. Tactically Noble 6 is far superior to Masterchief, which is why he will be able to exploit all of 'Chiefs weaknesses without 'Chief being able to use his superior augmentations against Noble 6.

Another thing to take into account is that Chief would be completely swept off the floor if Cortana wasn't with him, he isn't great at thinking without Cortana, she makes his decisions for him most of the time. Noble 6 is also familiar with prototypes of weapons, which Chief hasn't even heard of before, so he already has a clear advantage when it comes to the arsenal over Chief.

That is why Noble 6 would beat Masterchief 117.