The RWBY Thread

Akali

Hello fellow forumers B)

Yesterday during RTX the RWBY Volume 2 trailer was shown at RTX and then released on Youtube and on the Rooster Teeth Youtube channel me (DarkAngel) and JL decided to make a RWBY thread where we can chat about RWBY.

In here you can discuss things like what you thought of a certain episode/Volume 1, the Volume 2 trailer, what you think will happen in Volume 2, theories of characters backstory and much more so join in if you want to :).

Volume two will start on July 24th

So lets start this conversation with what do you think of the trailer for Volume 2?

Here is the trailer to Volume 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNAX4EQF2r8

Edited by DarkAngel

Gagagagaga........ Volume 2 trailer wasn't all that I hoped for.

In fact, although I am already hype for Volume 2, the trailer itself felt subpar and did not escalate my hype into ALL CAPS. The first minute or so was of people speaking things that I'm pretty sure is the very basis of the themes that were already visited in Volume 1 - AKA Been there, done that - and the rest of it was drowned out by some music fit for an unabashed summer blockbuster, and every single voice role was taken out.

We did see Weiss basically hammered and Ruby crying as everything obnoxiously crumbles around them without hitting them in classic anime style, which is as bad of a spoiler told to everyone as it is something I'm happy about because #CharacterDevelopment. 

Also it seems like final boss is a

GANDAMU METARU GEAH MECHU

and we also see a bunch of robots and also like, very little Grimm. And a lot of human enemies for our protagonists and their supporting characters (Including both the 2 characters introduced at the end of Volume 1 for some reason [YES MORE WUKONG]) both old and new to fight. It seems like THIS is the real deal for RWBY - a full fledged plot, and moar, moar, MOAR Action!

r u hype for colorcodedsexygirlsfightingbowl 2014?

Love it. I think the trailer looks great. Blake certainly looks bad*ss along with the rest on Team RWBY. Interested to see what Team JNPR will be like.

Judging by the trailer, it looks like Team RWBY is taking matters into their own hands and are eager to fight and prevent whatever plans the enemy is coming up with.

Looking real forward to watching this.

Yeah I can't wait for Volume 2 :D

I noticed that Blake's eyes have changed colour from an amber colour to a yellow mixed with black colour and Wukong looks more bulky, his abs are like mine now :D (no joke).

10469409_10202478302262396_4937562335750Volume 1                                                                                                             Volume 2

I want to know what the music will be like in Volume 2 since we have only heard Time To Say Goodbye so far and I want to know if they're going to go with 100% new music or put a little bit of Volume 1 in there somewhere.

Edited by DarkAngel

Bullet physics models awe yissssss

EDIT:

AHHHHHHHHHH

Remember that RWBY Fanmade video game that the Scott guy made? Well, RT being RT brought the guy onboard to make an actual in-house video game for RWBY.

Edited by Meteor Storm

Bullet physics models awe yissssss

EDIT:

AHHHHHHHHHH

Remember that RWBY Fanmade video game that the Scott guy made? Well, RT being RT brought the guy onboard to make an actual in-house video game for RWBY.

I'm playing that as soon as it's out. Blake will kick *ss. Looking forward to making a RWBY Team for this game.

Im not going to lie a RWBY Video Game is a totally great idea. I don't think the series is amazing or groundbreaking, but the weapon and enemy designs are like just the perfect fit for video games. I hope it goes well and I hope they take the time to properly develop it. 

I assume it will release on PC since at the current moment the engine the game is using is unknown but I feel like its a Unity game. It looks so Unity. 

I do like the idea of a RWBY game as long as it doesn't end up like the RvB game they released a long time ago ¬_¬

I will probably play it if it's free or maybe read a review and buy it if I like it.

I do like the idea of a RWBY game as long as it doesn't end up like the RvB game they released a long time ago ¬_¬

I will probably play it if it's free or maybe read a review and buy it if I like it.

I had the original creator's version, but I didn't play it before I deleted it.

Also, has anyone read the Blood Rose fanfic?

I had the original creator's version, but I didn't play it before I deleted it.

Also, has anyone read the Blood Rose fanfic?

Was the original free by any chance?

Also I haven't read the Blood Rose fanfic because DeviantArt has my attention

Yes it was free. It's called RWBY: Grim Eclipse and it's basically a playthrough of the Red trailer.

Read Blood Rose [NSFW]

Someday I'll catch up. The start is a REALLY, REALLLYYYYY good start, but then it goes to #### when the writer adds all these weird OC's and goes all 'plot plot plot full steam' when Blood Rose shone due to it's demonizing characterization and, furthering that, dead-on messed up character development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Neptune is a cool guy, but he's basically being built at this point to both be hated and loved. Even though he looks to be on the protagonist's side, from both his interactions (so far) and the trailer, I hate that he's basically development bait for the MC's. Hope to see more things that make us like him.

And Wukong. Great Voice Acting from michael, still, but god I'm still peeved about the name. Why does everything need to take Sun Wukong's name? Anime, games......

And mercury and his sis are looking to be cool antagonists with a nice dynamic. I wonder when we'll see more of Team CRDL too - as shown in the OP.

(I swear, if it's in another CRAP BULLY ARC, I'll be really. really. sad.)

Edited by The Director
Swearing go bye bye
  • Like 1

Weiss: Yeah, I guess she really made our plans, fall apart.

Blake: No...just, no.

XD

Loved Chapter 4. Sun and neptune at the end... :laughing:

Weiss has really changed. Now that she's more comfortable with the Team, she's acting more playful than like she was in Volume 1.

I loved the combat scenes, especially the chase. Was surprised to see Junior again. I thought he'd be a one time thing only in the Yellow trailer.

Edited by Blake Belladonna
  • Like 1

wow junior

wow plot movement

wow torchwick's voice actor literally made a cheesy grunt for every time he turned his head

wow comedy that at parts don't make people cringe

wow expansion on semblances

Action scenes weren't exactly amazing; it was excruciatingly obvious how Blake and Sun's running-across-rooftop's animation was being heavily re-used. We did get to see Neptune in action and what appears to be Sun' semblance being revealed as well. The fight between Team RWBY and the Mech wasn't exactly designed to showcase amazing fight moves but more to showcase their team dynamic - in other words, their capability to take down an all new advanced military mech without busting out their flashy moves.

Yang's semblance has shot up in the OP list though, sitting right next to Pyrrah's magnetism. 

All in all, one of the most enjoyable episodes yet.

• Like 1

How many businesses does that old guy have!?!? First in volume one he owns this Dust shop, and now he owns a noodle shop? That guy must be making money like crazy!   :D

XD I noticed the same thing, he's just one of those stock characters. Is that what you call them? Those generic characters that are used again and again so the animator doesn't have to create a different character design every time.

PLOT TWIST: The old man running the business is actually leading every evil force. #SawThatComing

Edited by Blake Belladonna

• 4 months later...