Sleeping Dogs Remastered!

Ranger Intel

Yes! I can't believe it! ...well I kind of can.

*gasp* Are you telling me you haven't heard? You haven't heard that the legendary Sleeping Dogs is going to be remastered!?

Now ever since I played Sleeping Dogs, I've loved it. The only things that could've possibly made it better IMO, is for it to be in Japan. Now it's being remastered and will arrive to Xbox One and PS4 in the UK on October 10 2014! I'm so hyped for this! This was announced a few days ago.

It will come with all DLC and will be in 1080p. This is called 'Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition'. There will be a Limited Edition which gives you a Limited Edition Art Book. This come with 28 pages of stunning Concept Art. It is said that the Limited Edition will be released on October 14.

Will you be getting this? What are your thoughts on it?

Sources: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-ps4-pc-getting-1080p-sleeping-dogs-defini/1100-6421587/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sleeping-dogs-rebuilt-for-xbox-one-and-ps4-coming-/1100-6421544/

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/08/sleeping-dogs-definitive-edition-officially-announced-4826025/

sdde-screen-world.jpg?w=650&h=365&crop=1

I think this is just.... taking it took far....

I thought Tomb raider was too far.... this is even worse, it is the exact same game, not even updated besides graphics.

I want new games for the next generation not old ones that only came out a few years ago if even a year ago , remasterd. :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace

Sleeping Dogs as meh for me. If it gets remade, cool, but I won't buy it again, and I don't think a lot of people will either.

I WOULD have, if the footage in the trailer WAS actual gameplay footage, but nah.

Game also needed more Emma Stone. One mission isn't enough.

And I wouldn't exactly say it's a great rendition of Hong Kong. Granted, it's a game, but in general it, rather than attempting to emulate the city itself, attempts to emulate 4 different excruciatingly generalized archetypes plus the general thought process of 'oh my god this city is sssuuuUUUUPER BUSTLING' and dot it with few real-world attractions and locations that look nothing like the real thing.

The only things that could've possibly made it better IMO, is for it to be in Japan. 

:facepalm:

Wombat above basically says it. This is like saying "GTA: San Andreas is a great game and the only thing that could have made it better was if it was set in Liberty City"

IMO, I think it was a great game, but I think if it had still been made as True Crime: Hong Kong (The title it had originally before Square Enix took over production) it would have been better. True Crime: Streets of LA and New York City were great games.

If it was in Japan it would literally have to be an entirely different game. I have never played it but I have only heard good things.

True, but I'd prefer to see something similar in Japan. Possibly a sequel. Unfortunately that wouldn't have worked out well because the Triad are branches of Chinese Crime Organizations, which I don't think operate in Japan.

You accidentally double posted. This topic is newer, but has one more link than the other topic. So this topic gets kept.

Hmm, not sure how that happened, but thanks for sorting it out.

I think this is just.... taking it took far....

I thought Tomb raider was too far.... this is even worse, it is the exact same game, not even updated besides graphics.

I want new games for the next generation not old ones that only came out a few years ago if even a year ago , remasterd. :)

Keep in mind you also get all DLC. The point is, that you get to play the game on next-gen. If you've played it before and really enjoyed it, bringing it back onto next-gen is great. When I get my Xbox One, I won't have enough room for my Xbox 360 so I'll have to pack it away and won't be able to play Sleeping Dogs again unless I stay on Xbox 360. This means that I can continue to play it, and re-play it in great graphics and all DLC.

And one more thing... *remastered. 

Sleeping Dogs as meh for me. If it gets remade, cool, but I won't buy it again, and I don't think a lot of people will either.

I WOULD have, if the footage in the trailer WAS actual gameplay footage, but nah.

Game also needed more Emma Stone. One mission isn't enough.

And I wouldn't exactly say it's a great rendition of Hong Kong. Granted, it's a game, but in general it, rather than attempting to emulate the city itself, attempts to emulate 4 different excruciatingly generalized archetypes plus the general thought process of 'oh my god this city is sssuuuUUUUPER BUSTLING' and dot it with few real-world attractions and locations that look nothing like the real thing.

:facepalm:

Wombat above basically says it. This is like saying "GTA: San Andreas is a great game and the only thing that could have made it better was if it was set in Liberty City"

But, Sleeping Dogs doesn't really have 'China' in the name. I see your point though. Besides the Triad point I typed up above, I don't really see why a sequel to Sleeping Dogs wouldn't work in Japan. Love the game either way though.

I tried this when it was GwG I found it somewhat enjoyable I won't get it on X1 though theres no point really it's just like Tomb Raider another Square Enix port.

It looks real different to Tomb Raider. I'll be getting it, maybe limited edition, but I won't pre-order it. I'l'l get it a couple of months after release. It's great for people who loved it especially if they haven't played the DLC.