9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Halo game is your favorite?

• Halo Combat Evolved
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • Halo Wars
    • Halo 3 ODST
    • Halo Reach

Thoughts on each game? Like… in detail? :mellow: Well, okay.

Halo: Combat Evolved

I hadn't been serious about FPS's since 007: Goldeneye on the N64. So when I first played H:CE I was thoroughly blown away. The graphics were crazy. The controls felt fluid and easy. The weapons made me giggle like a schoolgirl. And the Covenant were awe-inspiring in how diverse and altogether awesome they were. But nothing blew my mind more than my first experience in the Warthog.

I must've spent over an hour just cruising around in that baby, taking her to all sorts of places… some of which I got stuck in… And the air-time! Oh my. The biggest jumps in the game just weren't big enough.

In The Silent Cartographer I would have sooner died than get out of my 'Hog. When and where possible I would take her as far into the structures as possible, and then splatter any Covvies that got in my way on the drive out. Which invariably means that the last mission was my favorite. If I could have, I would have taken my 'Hog with me when I made the getaway.

Halo 2

Better graphics, nicer armor, a few different weapons… Wasn't as inspired by it as I had been by CE. Wanted my Magnum back. It made me sad when the new pistol turned out to be less useful than wet matches. No truly memorable moments for me other than looking out the window of the orbital defense platform, seeing the Earth and thinking, "Daddy's home!"

Halo 3

Very pretty. Equipment tickled me a bit. Better Magnum felt good to have, but not quite right. Multiplayer was wild. Lone Wolves was frenetic, and that's where I got my training.

Love the campaign. Most memorable moment was landing on the Ark, looking up and seeing the spiraling figure of our galaxy. Then realizing for the first time that the Forerunners were very probably still kicking around somewhere in the universe.

Well, that, and winning my first game of Oddball within 2 minutes of the start of the match, by a difference of 39 points. I got so lucky in that match. What else do you call it when a guy mêlées you in the back, you survive, and then when you drop behind him to grab something he pulls out a SpLazer and suddenly seems to forget all about you? Lag. :yes Lag won me the match.

Halo 3: ODST

Got a taste of what it would be like to play as a normal Human. I loved it! I wanted more! But the campaign, awesome as it is, didn't last nearly long enough. Tried to sate my lust by roaming New Mombasa at night just hunting down the hidden clues. Found all but one and got frustrated when I couldn't find it. I refuse to cheat by looking it up online, so I moved on.

Halo Wars

I suck at RTS games like this, but I gave it a shot. Never did finish it. I'll pick up where I left off one day, I think. Probably not before H4 is released, though. It's pretty. Gives some insight into the history of the war. It's worth a try, in my opinion.

Halo: Reach

Great campaign. Got misty-eyed when Jorge took one for the team, as befits a Spartan-2. The idea of repurposing Spartan-3's for special ops teams, plus watching Twilight, inspired me to start work on a Halo fanfic.

Multiplayer isn't as frenetic in Rumble Pit as it was in H3's Lone Wolves, but I don't believe that's a bad thing. I could actually think and breathe at the same time without losing my focus. :lol:

Halo 4

Campaign is gonna be pretty good; maybe a bit overly flashy. Multiplayer will be awesome once again, but I'll still wish for a bigger color pallet and more paint-scheme options.

Kidding! …Maybe. :blink:

• Like 1

ODST was my favourite, although it had a short campaign, it was still imo the best storyline and introduced one of my favourite modes - firefight which I think is better than reach. As far as multiplayer Halo ce still has that special place in my heart for being the first truly great console fps.

• Like 1