Map Packs not recognized, code doesn't work, Xbox support says code doesn't match

GoldBytes

Hello,

I was told to post here by Xbox support:

Jeremy: at 10:54:53

What we need to do is to post on their public forums so that our folks from 343 industries can review your concern and once they have confirmed the issue, they should give you a reply. If they say that there issue has been fixed or if there's nothing wrong with the map packs on their servers, please contact us back with your reference number so that we can investigate the issue further.

I purchased Halo 4 limited edition which came with a card with 4 different redeem codes, the first being for the War Games Map Pack -- I redeemed the code long ago on a different Xbox than I am using now.

The game/Marketplace doesn't show me owning the Map Packs -- but when I transfer the license to the new box the packs show up in my download history -- I am able to download them for free (Download Again) but when I boot up the game:

"Unable to Validate. You have Map Pack content that requires a license. Please purchase the War Games Map Pass, purchase the Map Pack individually, or delete the Map Pack content from your console."

Any help would be appreciated.

~Stephen

I'll do my best to help. We are not the official 343i but we're a community of Halo fans and a lot of us have had similar issues

First make sure you are using the SAME account that you redeemed the code with. Now go to your download history(found somewhere in account) and see if you can redownload it. After you redownloaded the "War Games Map PASS" go through your download history and redownload each individual Map Pack. This method worked for me back when I bought a new 360. Also clear your xbox cache that seems to help some people.

Also why are you doing a license transfer? You shouldn't be doing that just because you're using a different xbox. As long as you have the same account things should be working fine. If you're using a different account then I am not sure what to say.

• Like 1

Hi Warm Bnus (haha), thanks --

I am using same account (so thought transferring license wasn't necessary, but tried it anyway to see if that would kick things into gear).

I re-downloaded each map separately and then re-booted the box, and I think everything is OK now -- just played on a DLC map.

How do you "clear the xbox cache?" Did the re-boot do that?

Thank you!
~GoldBytes

How do you "clear the xbox cache?" Did the re-boot do that?

Thank you!

~GoldBytes

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache

Also, if you still are communicating with "Jeremy" please tell him to stop using search engines, and that 343i's forum is actually halowaypoint.com lmao