Halo Movie - Now a Possibility

Spectral Jester

It was about this time last year that we were reporting that Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks Studios could eventually be making a Halo movie a reality, with the franchise wrapped in a huge tangle of red tape preventing it from getting off the ground. It was speculated then, that DreamWorks might resort to using a Halo novelisation as a jumping off point for a movie, and a new report today suggests that may once again be the case.

Apparently, a Halo movie backed by Spielberg and DreamWorks could be in the offing for 2012.

"A film adaptation is set for 2012. It will be conducted jointly by two heavyweights of American cinema: Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks.", Eurogamer reported.

This would appear to be a strong suggestion that if indeed there is a Halo movie in the pipeline for 2012, then it'll be based on the Halo: Cryptum novel by Greg Bear, the first book in the Forerunner Saga. That's the rumour, so all that's left to do now is wait and see if anything comes to fruition, and let's just hope it doesn't fizzle out like Neil Blomkamp and Peter Jackson's planned Halo movie project did. Could there be an announcement at the New York Comic-Con soon? Stay tuned.

halo3_mov.jpg

• Like 2

As long as I get my royalties for creating the young Chief's life story I am down with it! lol As far as who plays the Master Chief......well it should be the same voice actor that was in the Halo campaign series. We should never be able to see who he is under the mask.

Egypt if they use Chuck Norris they would need permission from AARP! He has to be like 70 years old now! lol

I definitely see it as a possibility. 343 and Microsoft just love pumping out whatever the fans want, apparently.

I'm not looking forward to it though. The games are good, but everything else is pretty sub-par. Plus, movies inspired by games never go well.

Halo is based on books

You got that backwards... The books are based off of the games. The first book that came out for Halo, titled "The Fall Of Reach" says "based off of the best-selling xbox game" right on the front cover.

As for when its release is... I find it highly unlikely that it comes out next year. I'm excited about the Spielbergness and Dreamworksivity that has been incorporated, but i severely doubt it coming out in 2012...

You got that backwards... The books are based off of the games. The first book that came out for Halo, titled "The Fall Of Reach" says "based off of the best-selling xbox game" right on the front cover.

As for when its release is... I find it highly unlikely that it comes out next year. I'm excited about the Spielbergness and Dreamworksivity that has been incorporated, but i severely doubt it coming out in 2012...

You can see that here. http://www.listal.com/book/fall-reach-eric-nylund

ok i learned something new today..