What did you like/dislike the most about Firefight?

Helix Amell

When Firefight was released for Halo Reach, a lot of people were hooked, some weren't. I for one was, for a short moment of time I loved every moment blasting away at the  multiple waves of covenant alongside with my friends. This thread is a place of where you can post what your opinions on what you liked or disliked about Firefight in general, whether if it's on Halo3 ODST or Reach.

So write your thoughts :)

post-79515-0-42733300-1414940758.jpg

ODST:

- Challenging

- Maps are well built

- Fun for awhile

- Good co-op

- Character customization carries into Firefight

- No matchmaking

- Gets repetitive after awhile

- Firefight achievements take forever to get just for 10 gamerscore

- Tougher without friends

- Laggy online play

Reach:

- Challenging, to a point

- Maps are well built

- Good enemy variety, and game modes

- Matchmaking

- Rewards cR, and Challenges for playing

- Spartans vs Elite players

- Firefight settings can be altered

- Character customization carries into Firefight

- Firefight settings can be altered so you're invincible, and easy to get the achievements (not matchmaking)

- Gets repetitive after awhile

- Enemies spawn on the map with no explanation

- Not as challenging as ODST

- Potential for lag

^
^

Giving players more options cannot be a bad thing. Making yourself invincible and getting infinite lives is an option. Don't want that stuff then don't turn it on. :)

Now, I never really got into FF. Why? because I was never really into Odst and so when I played Reach it was all op rockets and all that stuff... boring.

So the only time I would play it was.

1 My friend came round.

2 I was bored.

So I prefer Spartan ops. Because it has an objective. I know what I need to do. Plus more structure and feels like im playing a loosely scripted campaign mission.

Compare this to just killing enemy's until you drop dead. Not my sort of thing.

I don't like horde mode stuff in general very much. So there is little I like about FF.

Halo Reach FireFight: I liked since it does not require Internet, and as most of you know, I don't have Xbox Live. It's great because you can kill enemies with no checkpoints to take you back if you die. There's also a "Boss Round" where you fight against a lot of strong Covies and you can choose your own loadouts. You can also customize the rounds and skulls and it's a great way to rank up while having fun. :D

^

^

Giving players more options cannot be a bad thing. Making yourself invincible and getting infinite lives is an option. Don't want that stuff then don't turn it on. :)

Now, I never really got into FF. Why? because I was never really into Odst and so when I played Reach it was all op rockets and all that stuff... boring.

So the only time I would play it was.

1 My friend came round.

2 I was bored.

So I prefer Spartan ops. Because it has an objective. I know what I need to do. Plus more structure and feels like im playing a loosely scripted campaign mission.

Compare this to just killing enemy's until you drop dead. Not my sort of thing.

I don't like horde mode stuff in general very much. So there is little I like about FF.

I felt the same way about Spartan Ops as you feel about Firefight...

The objective was the exact same as FF, survive but get rewarded with a nonsensical cutscene on a game add-on that ended up going nowhere.  You had infinite lives as well.  With Firefight Reach, yeah you could turn off infinite lives, but Arcade Firefight didn't have that option, it was prebuilt playlist.  Had they just had one scrict version of FF that had the same ODST concept it would have been more fun.