Shouldn't the small description in Offbeat & General Discussion be changed?

Helix Amell

sma description poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the small descriptions make sense in the eyes of the average member?

2. 2. If you selected no, then do you feel as if the small descriptions could potentially cause confusion?

3. 3. Do you think that the admins/Mods who are in charge of running the site need to change the descriptions to avoid any mass of confusion?

• Yes, they need to.
    • No, they don't.
    • I don't know.
    • Neither agree nor disagree

I have always wondered about this for some time and on the different forum icons you have the most popular, General discussion and Offbeat items. The small description on Offbeat is ' A lighthearted forum for less serious general discussion. Posts made here do not contribute to overall post count!'  whereas General discussion is 'This is a place for topics that don't fit anywhere'.

For General discussions mini description really baffles me because offbeat is really suited for that 'place where topics don't fit anywhere description'. I believe that as little as a tiny description can greatly impact what knowledge we know about the forums, and posting a topic that 'doesn't fit anywhere' in General discussion could get the topic moved.. and can create a lot of confusion, especially to new members. I believe there is a way of dealing with this mess, a way to avoid this,  by making the descriptions more accurate to the forums. Do you agree?

There will be a poll for each of you to fill in your thoughts (votes will be made public)

• Like 1

The descriptions are fine sas they are.

The General Discussion is for serious topics about something in general or something that doesn't really fit in any of the sub-forums. Or just the place to be if you want your post to get noticed quickly.

The Offbeat is for less-serious topics like forum games and jokes, placing post in this one obviously shouldn't get your post count up like in the olden days when the RP threads were the place to go for skyrocketing your post count.

Placing your topic in the General Discussion will yield you serious and good discussions whereas in the Offbeat section you can expect random shizwaz like gif's.

The descriptions are just fine.

The descriptions are fine sas they are.

The General Discussion is for serious topics about something in general or something that doesn't really fit in any of the sub-forums. Or just the place to be if you want your post to get noticed quickly.

The Offbeat is for less-serious topics like forum games and jokes, placing post in this one obviously shouldn't get your post count up like in the olden days when the RP threads were the place to go for skyrocketing your post count.

Placing your topic in the General Discussion will yield you serious and good discussions whereas in the Offbeat section you can expect random shizwaz like gif's.

The descriptions are just fine.

I made a News Article about the MCC in General Discussion like you told me. It got moved.

I'm with the nut on descriptions tho.

I made a News Article about the MCC in General Discussion like you told me. It got moved.

I'm with the nut on descriptions tho.

They never did that with me...

Strange

• Like 1