RE-LIVING AN EPIC GAMING MOMENT FROM 2001!

Last night I got to re-experience one of the most memorable and Epic things from my early Gaming Career.

Halo - Combat Evolved. Legendary Campaign. You just escaped from the Pillar of Autumn with your life in a Drop Pod that makes one understand what the inside of a coke-can looks like.

You crash land on "God's Anti-Son of a -BLAM!- Machine or a Gigantic Hula Hoop" Depending on which side of Sarge's opening speech you envision best.... you step out of your pod.....then you look up and to the right.......

As a just-turned-21 "Veteran" gamer at the time of Halo:CE being released on PC.....there was something.... special - magical - awe inspiring.... when I looked to my right and up.... and saw this vision of a ring arching to the sky.....with all manner of life and vegetation attached to it.....

It was a new chapter in gaming enjoyment that I vividly remember to this day.

Last night - I got to relive that exact scene....in both the way I remembered it, and in - I must say - a VERY well done an remastered "Next-Gen" version. I even remembered to "Xbox record that" and saved it to my clips....in both ways.

• Like 1