Elite Appearance

navyseal97

I just need some clarification. Are the elites in halo 4 a different phenotype than the elites shown in halo 2 remastered? I don't want to think that the elites in halo 2 remastered look the way they do just so they can accommodate the original appearance in halo 2 before the makeover. That clip shown of the hunter spartan talking to arbiter before the halo 2 remastered game started (so in the future during halo 5) are consistent with the rest of elites in the series except halo 4. So it seems safe to say they are different phenotypes and the two different types will clash with each other, right? Can some one help me out? I just love how they look in halo 2 remastered and hope they are permanent in the entire halo story.

• Like 1

The Elites and the whole Covenant in Halo 4 were a rogue group that used scraps for armor and weapons. They weren't communicated with the rest of the Covenant during thr Great Schism, so they didn't know about the betrayal of the Prophets and still believed in the Great Journey. In the Halo 2 remastered and Halo 5 trailer, those were the Elites that still followed the Arbiter (Thel Vadam), so I'm guessing they still had their old regular armor. Depending on which Covenant come out in Halo 5, that's the type of armor that we will see.

Oh yeah I understand the armor issue. I was more concerned with their physical appearance as in their facial features and stuff. Because when you look at arbiter in the remastered compared to jul or his friend Gurk (I think that's his name. The one wearing no helmet in Spartan ops) in halo 4 you can tell the difference in build and facial construction. The halo 4 elites appear to be more scary looking and opposing compared to their other brethren. Also the halo 4 elites have thicker necks and of course a lighter skin tone with different scale designs as well.

This is exactly what I was wondering when I replayed Halo 4, how do these Elites look so much different?

And reading all the posts here leads me to believe that Elites, just like humans, have different looking tribes/races/groups. I like the Elites in H2A much more though.

Thanks for kinda clearing this up for me OP :thumbup:

Oh yeah I understand the armor issue. I was more concerned with their physical appearance as in their facial features and stuff. Because when you look at arbiter in the remastered compared to jul or his friend Gurk (I think that's his name. The one wearing no helmet in Spartan ops) in halo 4 you can tell the difference in build and facial construction. The halo 4 elites appear to be more scary looking and opposing compared to their other brethren. Also the halo 4 elites have thicker necks and of course a lighter skin tone with different scale designs as well.

I would like to point out that the  un-helmeted figure by Jul's side is Gek. And I swear that he first appeared in Halo: Glasslands and The Thursday War. Am i right there? It's been a while since i've read them but I'm fairly certain he was in them....Maybe that was Jul, i don't know...But his name is definitely Gek. 

In Halo 5, IF you fight side by side with the Arbiter and his elites as Locke, you will most likely get a good side by side comparison of these two races of Elites. Which I think will be a pretty cool thing to see. If you really don't like the way these new Elites look, then you can kill them with the Elites of your old favorable classic design! It would feel like a fight between two different generations.

Its just the art style of Halo 4 nothing more ( Elite skin wise ) :)

No for armour wise..... The Storm covenant use scraps as they are no longer supplied with armour from the Prophets. So they have to make do ( and try and make some stuff of there own, like the Storm rifle )

As for the Elites in that short scene in H2a ( Locke and Arbiter )

I am pretty sure Arbiter is in the same position as the Storm covenant and those Elites with him are his best soldiers. ( best gear for the best ) 

There has been lots of inconstancies with Elites recently though. Between The Halo trilogy, Forward unto Dawn, Halo 4 and H2a and don't forget that short scene with Arby and Locke.

I don't hate them rrhuntington, I just don't like them as much as the separatist elites. But yeah that sounds badass rrhuntington.

I think it's phenotypes Caboose The Ace. Because if you look on Wikipedia Halo Nation for the unggoy and kig yar it says they are phenotypes in halo 4. Especially the kig yar since they are significantly different.