Quitters in Games

Spectral Jester

Now it was only a couple of years ago I remember playing Halo 3, Gears 2 an dnot worrying about people quitting, as it didnt seem to happen. Now it appears its part of online gaming, no matter what game you play people quit? It seems to be more common now than ever before.

So I ask you all out there, are you quitters? If so why do you quit games (games in general), is it boredom, people getting all the kills? or just cant be bothered?

Id love to know everyones thoughts, is it just me being unlucky playing with randoms? or is everyone noticing it? surely we play the game because we love it?

thoughts....

I never quit unless I really gave to, such as going somewhere.

But I noticed this many times too. I'm afraid to play big-team battle because I know that someone or everyone will quit and that's where it happens most. People who quit because they don't like the map or the way things are going, suck ass. Can't have it your way all the time.

Like Tes said, I never quit unless the real world demands it. That said, I've only ever had to quit once in H3.

Some players only want to play games to increase their K/D and quit because the other guys are better than they are.

Some players have terrible connections and quit because of lag.

And some are just jerks who figure they'll leave the one guy not in their party to fend for themselves.

The one or two times I was put in Sil's predicament I was lucky not to be playing with spawnkilling c<expleted>bites, so I held on until the end of the match. Nothing noteworthy happened there.

:offtopic: Now I'm off to work. Catch you guys later.

like Tess said, I only quit if the world needs me. Other then that, I try not to quit at all. And I hate people who do. It seams like one out of 10 games I play I'm always the only guy on our team that doesn't quit, then I have to hide and hope they don't find me till the game ends.