Halo 5; thoughts from a lifetime Halo player

DNasty813

Here are my thoughts on what works and doesn't work within Halo 5 Guardians multiplayer

Pros:

-The sprint/shield link is genius--several times I tried to bail after receiving damage only to be picked off by another player.

-The boost is an excellent addition, it feels more powerful than Halo 4's but the limited use of it avoids it being something players would spam.

-The balance between the DMR and BR is pretty perfect, I feel just as useful with either one for mid to long range.

-the clamber is a great mechanic, the skill jumps are still relevant here with this mechanic and the addition of boost.

Cons:

-In too many cases, switching in and out of smart scope is too delayed.  This is especially an issue with the sniper rifle, almost making it not worth the pick up.

-At certain points on each map, I feel the color of the spartans blends in too well.

-Truth is almost perfect, but the lighting in certain areas is too distracting.

-Truth and Empire need a power weapon in the bottom middle.

-The AR and the SMG have too much range, and I also believe the SMG is OP.  I find myself going out of the way to pick it up each time and it destroys.. maybe just a range reduce is needed--not sure but something is off.

-Ground pound... hmm.. just not needed.  Not saying it has to be taken out, but it's just an afterthought.

Overall, I'm having a great time playing.. let me know your thoughts and if you agree or disagree.  

• Like 2

I agree with some of your points, the maps Truth and Empire do not need bottom middle weapons as Truth is a fancier version of Midship and Empire has sniper rifles on each side of the map.  Also, the networking issues are so horrible I have not been able to find a game for the past hour of searching.  <- thoughts from a person starting with Halo Reach.