If another developer could make Halo...

DNasty813

I truly believe that if another developer (maybe Certain Affinity) was able to take a shot at making the next Halo game, and kept it more in line with the roots of Halo but adding some new things that weren't game breaking.. it would be a huge success as compared to Halo 5:  Guardians.  Not saying that Halo 5G is wothless by any means... I just firmly believe it does not need all these new changes.  It feels too different to be called a Halo game.  I did have fun playing it at times but overall I was more often frustrated with it.  When MCC works well I have the most fun playing it and have trouble getting off.. I never found it hard to stop playing the beta.  Just my opinion, what are your thoughts?

If a new developer were to come, I think they would have to know what makes Halo and not change it too much, not keep it the same and boring, and not make it like other FPS. I think for the most part 343i is doing good on Halo 5, although some things seem unnecessary, but for the most part it looks good and I'm excited for Halo 5!! :D

If a new developer were to come, I think they would have to know what makes Halo and not change it too much, not keep it the same and boring, and not make it like other FPS. I think for the most part 343i is doing good on Halo 5, although some things seem unnecessary, but for the most part it looks good and I'm excited for Halo 5!! :D

Yeah, I mean, they'd have to have been with Bungie since day one, and 343i has been with them until Bungie gave 343i rights to Halo. I personally love what 343i is doing with Halo.

Bungie did not give the rights to Halo, to 343i. Microsoft has held the rights since they bought bungie. Bungie was mearly the contracted developer

As for Certain Affinity, they make maps period. Outside the map conpiling structure, they probavly kbow next to nothing about the engine or any tag data outside what is needed to make the level mesh. 343i is doing fine, they just need some time grow. And pkease dont say that 343i is mostly Bungie members, so they shouldnt need time to grow. In reality, maybe 30 people from Bungie make up the 144+ team of 343i. And not all those members were actual seasoned professionals.

So I would have to deal with yet another round of people whining and complaining that the developer isn't Bungie? No thanks. Oh wait, they would also add in that they aren't 343i....

Yeah that still isn't something I am willing to deal with.

Realistically, no gaming community will ever be happy with a product that is released because they are not tailored to individual taste. I say, just deal with it and play the game if you enjoy it. If not then just don't play it.

• Like 1

Bungie did not give the rights to Halo, to 343i. Microsoft has held the rights since they bought bungie. Bungie was mearly the contracted developer

As for Certain Affinity, they make maps period. Outside the map conpiling structure, they probavly kbow next to nothing about the engine or any tag data outside what is needed to make the level mesh. 343i is doing fine, they just need some time grow. And pkease dont say that 343i is mostly Bungie members, so they shouldnt need time to grow. In reality, maybe 30 people from Bungie make up the 144+ team of 343i. And not all those members were actual seasoned professionals.

My bad, I had read multiple things saying that "Bungie gave 343Industries rights to Halo" but thanks for giving me the information on what actually happened.

I don't think Certain Affinity have ever taken on or developed a full blown game such as Halo my friend, I mean I know they're a games developer but I'm not sure :(. Also I know they were just an example but I do firmly believe you'd be disappointed with pretty much any developer apart from 343i as I mean, I personally am a firm believer in 343i. I definitely think that they were the right developers to choose as they genuinely do really have a passion for Halo and it's fanbase and I know they haven't really done enough on the fan response side of things, but they're trying their best for a new development studio man :).