My Star wars fan fiction and TTO343 update.

Caboose The Ace

First order of business.... I am still writing the next part of the stuff I wrote last time ( somewhere in my recent topics )

Anyway I decided to write a prologue, so I put the next part of the fanfiction on hold ( even though I did a massive time skip )

And wrote the actual beginning, so here it is.

Once I finish chapter two of my Sw ff then I will begin the reboot of

The Terrorists of 343!

Star wars fan fiction Vengence

Chapter one: Champions of the just

Smoke rose from the dark underbelly of Nar Shaddaa and travelled onto the already misty Docks. Lucas Ventar sat on the edge of the walkway and watched as the many ships entered and exited Nar Shaddaa and went off into the stars. He dreamed that one day he would be aboard one of those ships that were freely leaving Nar Shaddaa. But that dream was like all dreams, was just a dream. This dream was a possible reality, a possible reality that could possibly happen. He was then swiftly reminded of that. “Hey you! Refugee get off the Docks and get back to the Slum you live in.” Lucas looked up at the Iridonian Dock master who was angrily pointing to the exit backed by two of his Zabrak bodyguards. “You deaf? Get back before I throw you back!” “Yes Fazza.” Lucas grudgingly replied. “When I speak to one of you Refugees you address me as Sir, you should be lucky you even have work” Fazza shouted as Lucas walked towards the exit. “Yes, sir Fazza.” Lucas said as he left the Docks.

After travelling from the Docks for 15 standard minutes Lucas arrived at Refugee sector, kilo 617. After the large doors opened he was berated by several Gamorrean guards for arriving late from his work in the Docks. “Where you been scum?” One of the guards asked. “Working.” “Well you better work faster next time or we won’t let you in.” “Maybe we eat him?” another one suggested. “No, boss not like it.” The Guard commander replied back. “Well, maybe when he dead we eat him.” “I’m still here you know.” Lucas muttered under his breath as the Guards continued to talk amongst themselves. Lucas entered the main walled off compound of the Refugee sector; large metal shipping crates used as homes were dotted around with everyone including himself walking around in identical tattered Shirts, trousers and boots. Every one of the Refuges wore a large collar around their necks that had a tracking device and were linked up to an explosive detonator. A safeguard if a Refugee tried to escape. Guards were stationed at every exit and on the catwalks above. Not to protect, but to keep the Refuges inside.

“Lucas.” Lucas turned around to find his two friends, Derik and Cassie standing behind him. “How was it at the Docks?” Cassie asked. “Fazza made me change and match the transponder codes on several docking ships. Then I had to fix a landspeeder.” “You got off easy; I had to move heavy Machinery across the Cargo bay.” Derik chimed in. “Where’s Ben?” Lucas asked. “Listening to one of Geoff’s stories.” Derik replied. Lucas sighed for a moment. “I will go rescue him, from himself.” Lucas said. “Good luck with that.” Cassie shouted to Lucas as he went to find Ben.

Geoff as expected was in middle of the Refugee compound, he was the Refugee sectors de facto leader. Aside from keeping up the spirits of Refugees he would also tell anyone who would listen about his apparently amazing time as a Pilot in the Republic navy. Though it was clear half his stories were not true and the other half over exaggerated. He also claimed to be somehow related to the legendary Republic admiral and pilot Carth onasi, though everyone doubted that claim.

“And I was there, cornered by a hundred Battle droids!” Geoff dramatically said to the few children who were sitting down listening to him. “What happened?” George inquired. “Suddenly out of the mist came a Blue blade made of pure Light, it was Jedi knight wielding a Lightsaber!” “Wow” All the children said in unison. “He then cut down all the Battle droids in half just with his Lightsaber!” “Ben” Lucas tamped Bens shoulder and made him look behind his shoulder. “What is it Lucas?” “Come on, let’s get out of here.” “No, sit down and listen this is a good story.” “Fine but after this we are playing Pazzak with Cassie and Derik.” “The Jedi snapped a Droid neck in half with his bare hands and leapt though the air at amazing speed.” “He crushed ten Battle droids, with the Force too!” Geoff added.

“The Force?” Lucas broke in. “Ah, good question Lucas.” “I asked the Jedi what the Force was after the fight, he explained that the Force is everything and is in everything. It makes up the Universe itself, Jedi can use it to leap and run at superhuman levels and even move objects without even touching them.” “Sounds confusing.” George concluded. “What are Jedi like?” Ben said. “Everything you would imagine them to be” Geoff began, “Vanquishers of evil and protectors of the innocent, champions of the just. They give their lives for the greater good; there is no better sacrifice than that!” “If they fight for us, the innocent, then would they ever come here?” Lucas asked Geoff. Geoff looked at Lucas and weighed his answer. “They have done in the past liberated Refugee sectors just like this one. So I would hope someday they do, Lucas.” “Hey Geoff didn’t you fight Jango Fett once?” George said as Lucas and Ben stood up and went to find Cassie and Derik.

Eventually the pair found Cassie and Derik in the large shipping crate. Cassie, Derik and Lucas shared already playing a game of Pazzak. “No fair Derik you cheated.” “Cheated? That wasn’t cheating that was pure skill.” “No I saw that Derik.” Cassie said as she angrily stood up. “You moved those two cards around.” Cassie said pointing to the exact cards. Derik looked at the cards then at Cassie, stunned. “But how, whenever I do that trick with anyone else they never notice.” “I don’t know how I just.” Cassie stopped for a moment to think. “I just don’t know how I did.” “Whatever it is, it’s creepy.” Ben chimed in as he and Lucas entered the large open shipping crate. “Shut up Ben” Cassie angrily said. “Yeah shut up Ben.” Derick said. “I say what I see.” Ben said, defending himself as he sat down. “Come on, let’s play.” Lucas requested. “No more magic, okay Cassie?” Derik said sarcastically. “Okay Derik, I won’t make you invisible with the flick of my wrist.” “I will shuffle the cards.” Lucas said as he picked up the multi-coloured dirty deck of Pazzak cards. “So what are we betting?” Ben asked. “Nothing, we have nothing.” Cassie remarked. “Hey Lucas, what about that picture of your mother….” Ben suggested but was quickly cut short. “No!” Lucas angrily shouted. “Ohhh hit a soft spot.” “Ben jeered. “I lost her to Visquis, they killed her before my eyes. The photo I have of her in my bag is the only thing I have to remember my family.” Lucas then walked out as he began to cry, dropping the Pazzak cards. Lucas emerged from the large crate and walked aimlessly around the compound until he eventually got tired and sat down against one of the walls that kept the Refuges boxed in.

He missed his mother deeply and just talking about her reopened those feelings he thought he had forgotten. In truth he had not gotten over his feelings of her murder when he was asked by Linda the closest thing the Refugees had to a Medic. She had asked him if he was okay, if he had gotten over her murder and he had said yes. But he was not okay, the memories would not fade no matter how far he tried to avoid and forget about them. He still remembered the day. She had finally given up, after living as a Refugee for only four years his Mother, Maria had decided she could stand no more. She and several other Refugees rebelled against the Overseer of Refugee sector kilo 617. Visquis was the name of that overseer, and a Quarren was his species. He was one of the many aspiring Crime lords on Nar Shaddaa. Nar Shaddaa was hardly a planet of order; it was ruled by several rival Crime lords. Every Crime lord that was not ruling was trying to kill the top Crime lords or getting up the Crime lord ranks by earning Credits and status so that one day they could be among them.

Visquis was one of the many aspiring Crime lords attempting to earn Credits and status though exploiting Refugees and making them perform cheap labour for his many contacts such as Fazza the Dock master. According to Geoff hundreds of years ago the Crime lords operated under a single leader but that leader was killed by a Female Jedi knight after the ruling Crime lord had tried to imprison her. With no leader left Nar Shaddaa quickly became a warzone. After seemingly endless years of fighting the remaining Crime lords agreed to stop and reformed the decaying Exchange into The Ninth Circle. From them onward the Crime lords operated under many leaders. In truth they fighting had not stopped, just the public part had, now the war for control of Nar Shaddaa was fought though Assassins not Mercenary armies.

He could still recall the same day when hired Thugs descended into the Refugee sector. The rebelling Refuges put up resistance put there were no match for the might of Visquis and his squads of hired Thugs sent to quell the Rebellion before it began in full. Some of the Refuges were executed as an example inside the Refugee sector while the other Refuges watched, while others were taken to Visquis himself. Maria was one of them. For day Lucas was left alone without her. Until eventually the Thugs returned and took him to join her. There he stood, being restrained by a bodyguard helplessly watching while Visquis executed her after days of torturing them both. Then he was left alone, his Mothers dead body in front of him.

“Lucas” Lucas heard a voice and stopped drowsing as the flood of bad memories finally stopped. Lucas looked up, it was Cassie. Her skin was white and her eyes were Green, complemented by her long blond hair. “Hey, Cassie” Lucas said as Cassie decided to sit beside him. “Are you alright? I have been looking for you all over” She asked, clearly concerned. “I don’t know” “You stormed out after Ben mentioned your Mother” “I” Lucas stopped and took a deep breath. “I don’t know, I just miss her” “So do I, I miss my Mother too sometimes” Cassie said. “No, but you never had her, I did” “I know that Lucas” “I just don’t see a way out for us” “Way out?” “I way out of this life” Lucas replied. “Geoff has been her for five, Linda for ten and Fred for twenty, how long for us? People are born here and die here you know Cassie?” “Don’t talk like that Lucas! Your six and I’m five, we have plenty of time” “But how are we supposed to get out?” “Help will come, eventually” “You say that with hesitation” Cassie sighed. “Geoff always talks about Jedi, maybe they will come and save us all” Lucas looked up to the stars as Night fell upon Nar Shaddaa. He then looked back as Cassie. “Maybe” Lucas said as he pulled himself up. “Come on, let’s get some rest” Cassie advised as she followed him.

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 3