Why does the weapon designs change from each game ? 0.0

Fisher_2000

Hi all, so I was wondering about this earlier... since halo 3 ODST all of the weapons in halo seem to change since reach happened.

okay so I'm a top halo fan I've played all of the games but I don't like the fact that everytime a new halo gets in development they think its a great idea to change all the weapons -.- for example I kinda wasn't happy with halo 4's weapons but when they re-did halo 2 them weapons are awesome... but from the halo 5 beta, it feels more like call of duty which is where I come to my point, why can't 343 just do what they did in halo 4 with the perks of halo 2A ? seriously have you seen the new DMR ?!? back when Bungie had the franchise they only changed the weapon skins once i believe ? that was on reach but you could kinda dismiss that as a nice send off to halo. One other thing i don't get is in halo spartan assault and halo wars the assault rifle veriant was the default assault rifle (sound and textures) where as in halo 4 it looked and sounded like something completely different... are they going to go that way again with halo spartan strike ? I just don't see the point in making weapons react, look, and sound different with every halo game there pumping out when they had it right in the first place. Another example is the rocket launcher they tried to throw away and replace with some ugly ass one, the spartan laser in halo 4 felt and sounded weaker than whereas in halo 3 you felt like a complete badass with one blasting away into anything that moved. I must say though, I am more than happy with the vehicle changes though because they feel right !! changing the weapons all the time to make it feel like a call of duty game and drag more people to play the game and maximise profits is just wrong in my opinion and I think they should revert back to and look at what they have already achieved. I understand that 343i is trying to evolve the series and bring in new things (btw the mech peice of garbage wasn't well recieved -_-)  The point being is that is there going to be some lore friendly reason to why the weapons change from each game or is it just going to be to draw more people in because it makes no sense !

(also could we have a halo wars 2 please :laughing:)

What's with the Call of Duty? Just bexause it's the next popular FPS game people think a change to Halo makes it Call of Duty? What part of super soldier Spartans, Spartan/Armor Abilities, and shields are similar to COD? Halo is evolving, changing, and you might not like it, but other people including me do, so just learn to like it. I'm guessing the weapons change because of upgrades maybe? And even befor 343i came in, the weapons would always change, probably to keep variety.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The weapons are different models-

The Battle Rifles in halos 2, 3 and 4 are the BR55, BR55HB and the BR85 models

The Assault Rifles through halo CE, 3, reach and 4 are the MA5B, MA5C, MA37 and MA5D rifles

The DMR in Reach vs. 4 is the M932 and M935 models of DMR.

Shotguns have gone from M90 (Halo CE-3) to the M45 (Reach) and M45T (4)

Hope tht clears stuff up; it simply different models of the same gun, similar to how the M16A1, M16A2 and M16A4 are te same gun but different models, each with different functionality.

• Like 1

I believe it is because the weAPON OVE TIME GETS IMPOVED BY IT'S USER WHILE STILL MADE TO LOOK LIKE THE SAME OLD GUN. SO YOU END UP WITH A MIX BETWEEEN THE TWO, A GUN THAT LOOKS LIKE THE GUN BUT NOT EXACTLY AND ALSO BECAUSE IT WAS PARTIALLY BY DIFFERNT PEOPL

The weapons are different models-

The Battle Rifles in halos 2, 3 and 4 are the BR55, BR55HB and the BR85 models

The Assault Rifles through halo CE, 3, reach and 4 are the MA5B, MA5C, MA37 and MA5D rifles

The DMR in Reach vs. 4 is the M932 and M935 models of DMR.

Shotguns have gone from M90 (Halo CE-3) to the M45 (Reach) and M45T (4)

Hope tht clears stuff up; it simply different models of the same gun, similar to how the M16A1, M16A2 and M16A4 are te same gun but different models, each with different functionality.

giphy.gif

I believe it is because the weAPON OVE TIME GETS IMPOVED BY IT'S USER WHILE STILL MADE TO LOOK LIKE THE SAME OLD GUN. SO YOU END UP WITH A MIX BETWEEEN THE TWO, A GUN THAT LOOKS LIKE THE GUN BUT NOT EXACTLY AND ALSO BECAUSE IT WAS PARTIALLY BY DIFFERNT PEOPL

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

• Like 1

Id just like to say thanks.....for again lowering my IQ another 500 points guys. Can we just birn half this forum down with moar fire?

I really hate when people say expecting the UNSC to evolve and adapt to new threats and technologies is too much like a real ******* military. Like, most of the infantry weapons introduced in H4 were designed to fire a larger caliber of round due to the fact a Spartan can handle it, but apparently having many variants of the same rifle type is too much like "cull uf doody"

I mean, the UNSC is already hideously underpowered for the 26th century- their tanks and grenade launchers have been around for centuries! They still use NATO rounds! Yet if 343 introduced technological innovation like, say, making all weapons linear accelerators instead of bullets- not even any gameplay change, just make the firing effects different- that would be bad because "it's not halo" to have anything other than bullets.

The fact that UNSC weapons hold a dominance over the covenant arsenal and forerunner arsenal baffles me anyway.

This us why we love you, Peanut.

<3

Honestly, nobody loves Peanut. He's a scrub. :3 

So your whole statement thing. Isn't a thing.

I love me and that's all the love I need