Halo: The Forgotten Reclaimers | #LEAKtheTRUTH Pt. 1

R99Kie

Welcome to the first discussion thread for Halo: The Forgotten Reclaimers.

This is an online novel composed of an unfixed amount of short-stories. Why unfixed?
Because you guys haven't done your part yet. No worries, you haven't had the chance to. (;

Your voice being heard is pivotal to this novel - which will be incrementally written by me. Aside from the online publication cycle adhering toward a strictly chapter-to-chapter basis... the development process is intended to be absolutely 100% community driven. The suggestions that speak the loudest to me are ones that will end up in the final publication. Once everything's said and done, the novel is going to be plump full of stories that you wanted to hear since your great journey with Halo first began.

Any rules...?

Yes, me-pretending-to-be-you, there are some rules.

• The tales must be suitable for less-than-subtle connection.

• Anything written about *must* be safe with the canon.
• Nothing focusing on any main characters to Halo 5: Guardians!

#LEAKtheTRUTH

Engage in the leaking process of the developing novel...! You and everyone else in the fandom has been personified into the friend of some ONI agents. Don't worry, these are actually good people. They made you download LOWE POINT (... aka the blog), and are leaking you bits and pieces of information that are directly related to Halo: The Forgotten Reclaimers. Put the clues together, and you'll be able to appreciate/anticipate the stories a lot more. In these threads, you can also:

• Massively (everyone together) compose responses to the ONI agents' emails... One per thread.

• Help each other pick apart the clues and figure out what they mean.

• Ask me questions; maybe you'll get some semblance of help, once things do get harder.

That being said - concerted story ideas! I'm here, and I'm listening.

post-88915-0-13358100-1428361466.png

post-88915-0-76412900-1428361466.png

post-88915-0-37112300-1428361467.png

So you're trying to do an ARG?

An ARG doesn't work without a preset storyline and connection to something deeper; IE ilovebees, IRIS and Section III. They didn't change according to the fans and were very successful.

• Like 1

So you're trying to do an ARG?

An ARG doesn't work without a preset storyline and connection to something deeper; IE ilovebees, IRIS and Section III. They didn't change according to the fans and were very successful.

The first short-story to kick the thing off has actually been predetermined. If you mosey on in, you'll be able to pick up on some key elements. Once enough input is given (regarding what subjects that you all want to read about), and I've got material to work with regarding the next story, you'll be able to see where it's going by paying attention to the leaks. There will be twists and turns, though. Otherwise, we'd be playing a game of ping pong with the plot, and you'd already know what to expect!

The first short-story to kick the thing off has actually been predetermined. If you mosey on in, you'll be able to pick up on some key elements. Once enough input is given (regarding what subjects that you all want to read about), and I've got material to work with regarding the next story, you'll be able to see where it's going by paying attention to the leaks. There will be twists and turns, though. Otherwise, we'd be playing a game of ping pong with the plot, and you'd already know what to expect!

I know what HtT is. But you're basically trying to rip off an existing thing?

Seriously?

I mean, if I were trying to start an ARG, I'd do it with purpose. Plan out the full story beforehand and how it will be released; at least in brief. Then decide why? For a game, film, TV how or something else release; why? Because otherwise there's no point. By not giving insight into something larger tht is coming to work, there is literally zero point to any of this because it does nothing; campaigns are built around hype and if there's nothing to be hyped about it will never take off.

I'm calling it right now this will never work, or it will just turn into a really bad rp.

• Like 1

I know what HtT is. But you're basically trying to rip off an existing thing?

Seriously?

I mean, if I were trying to start an ARG, I'd do it with purpose. Plan out the full story beforehand and how it will be released; at least in brief. Then decide why? For a game, film, TV how or something else release; why? Because otherwise there's no point. By not giving insight into something larger tht is coming to work, there is literally zero point to any of this because it does nothing; campaigns are built around hype and if there's nothing to be hyped about it will never take off.

I'm calling it right now this will never work, or it will just turn into a really bad rp.

The spirit of what you're saying does connect with me, but I actually don't know what "RP" stands for... D:

At least in that context. That being said; #LEAKtheTRUTH is playing along with #HUNTtheTRUTH.

I've acknowledged that in the FAQ section, and have no intention of being cross in that aspect.

Regarding the "built around hype, without nothing to be hyped", I'll explain what I mean...

1.) Participants engage in a discussion about a part of the Halo EU that's gone untouched.

2.) I'll be a part of that process, and on my end, be figuring out how it can fit into my established plot-line.

3.) Once I've decided how the desired content can be included, I'll begin writing them into the novel.

4.) After finishing a chapter, I'll begin implementing this #LEAKtheTRUTH process; revealing certain parts of what's going on - hopefully piquing curiosity to where I may be applying the fan input.

Certain things are set in stone. For instance, this novel is set around tragedy. I've got characters already lined out who have predetermined fates. I've got settings, and planned plot-devices. What I don't have is specific core contexts (eg; planets, proverbial events, et cetera). That's on purpose! The reason why:

Person 1: "I've been wanting to see more about Reach."

Person 2: "I've been wanting to see more about the Spartan-II project."

Person 3: "I'd like some insight on how ONI and the canon public interact."

With that, I extrapolate what I'll be appealing to. People can be as specific as they want about the things they'd like to see in this novel. That doesn't guarantee every suggestion will be included (because that'd be more time-consuming than anything), but what makes sense will be nodded to.

Person 1 doesn't know what I'm going to do with the Reach suggestion. Maybe I'll tell a story about its days after re-terraformation, set in 2786. Maybe I'll go into more detail about how it fell.

Person 2 doesn't know how I'd go about including the Spartan-II project. Perhaps it'll be their training with Mendez, maybe it'll be about one that tried to escape. I might even avoid it altogether!

If that's not something you can dig, I totally get it. This probably isn't for everybody. But I'm doing it for old Halo fans who enjoy reading about the lore. People who were more intrigued about the mysteries that Bungie threw at them, than they were jumping around on matchmaking. I'm a writer that comes home after a long day of work, and wants to pour his creativity into something. Halo: The Forgotten Reclaimers is a long-term project I've set up, to come out of my shell, and try to do something I've never done before.

I'm not awful at composing literature. I might be concise, but that's probably my job as a legislative analyst rubbing off into my style. Most of the things I've put my time into weren't that bad. Fans already theorize plotpoints of the EU, and converse about what they'd like to see - directing attention to this isn't really a drastic change, if you think about it. So yeah, if it flops, my time was more wasted than anyone elses. That won't upset me, because I'm trying to enjoy the process. It'd be cool if you did too!

The spirit of what you're saying does connect with me, but I actually don't know what "RP" stands for... D:

At least in that context. That being said; #LEAKtheTRUTH is playing along with #HUNTtheTRUTH.

I've acknowledged that in the FAQ section, and have no intention of being cross in that aspect.

Regarding the "built around hype, without nothing to be hyped", I'll explain what I mean...

1.) Participants engage in a discussion about a part of the Halo EU that's gone untouched.

2.) I'll be a part of that process, and on my end, be figuring out how it can fit into my established plot-line.

3.) Once I've decided how the desired content can be included, I'll begin writing them into the novel.

4.) After finishing a chapter, I'll begin implementing this #LEAKtheTRUTH process; revealing certain parts of what's going on - hopefully piquing curiosity to where I may be applying the fan input.

Certain things are set in stone. For instance, this novel is set around tragedy. I've got characters already lined out who have predetermined fates. I've got settings, and planned plot-devices. What I don't have is specific core contexts (eg; planets, proverbial events, et cetera). That's on purpose! The reason why:

Person 1: "I've been wanting to see more about Reach."

Person 2: "I've been wanting to see more about the Spartan-II project."

Person 3: "I'd like some insight on how ONI and the canon public interact."

With that, I extrapolate what I'll be appealing to. People can be as specific as they want about the things they'd like to see in this novel. That doesn't guarantee every suggestion will be included (because that'd be more time-consuming than anything), but what makes sense will be nodded to.

Person 1 doesn't know what I'm going to do with the Reach suggestion. Maybe I'll tell a story about its days after re-terraformation, set in 2786. Maybe I'll go into more detail about how it fell.

Person 2 doesn't know how I'd go about including the Spartan-II project. Perhaps it'll be their training with Mendez, maybe it'll be about one that tried to escape. I might even avoid it altogether!

If that's not something you can dig, I totally get it. This probably isn't for everybody. But I'm doing it for old Halo fans who enjoy reading about the lore. People who were more intrigued about the mysteries that Bungie threw at them, than they were jumping around on matchmaking. I'm a writer that comes home after a long day of work, and wants to pour his creativity into something. Halo: The Forgotten Reclaimers is a long-term project I've set up, to come out of my shell, and try to do something I've never done before.

I'm not awful at composing literature. I might be concise, but that's probably my job as a legislative analyst rubbing off into my style. Most of the things I've put my time into weren't that bad. Fans already theorize plotpoints of the EU, and converse about what they'd like to see - directing attention to this isn't really a drastic change, if you think about it. So yeah, if it flops, my time was more wasted than anyone elses. That won't upset me, because I'm trying to enjoy the process. It'd be cool if you did too!

I literally buy the games exclusively for the story. I have read all the EU, I'm not in halo for the matchmaking- i am the guy who made thr two threads on this board called "Useful Halo Lore Links" and "Compiled List of Halo Media" Most MM players don't even know what IRIS is.

Like I said, I just don't see a point. That's basically it.

Edited by BaconShelf