there wasn't a halo ring in halo 4

Just realized that there actually wasn't a halo ring in halo 4 (except for multiplayer maps and yes I know its about the foruners,builders of the halo rings) but the rings aren't really mentioned by anyone... And also, in halo 3 the elites are friendly and brutes are hostile, in halo 4 elites are hostile and there are only like 4 brutes in the entire game. (Also please don't hate this is my first post thanks)

• Like 2

Don't worry about hatred, especially from me. I hate everybody equally! :D

Had to.

Anyways, yes, the planet Requiem pretty much had nothing to do with any of the rings; and I actually found myself missing looking up in the sky and seeing it there. No idea why they were unmentioned.

And I wouldn't know about the brutes/elites thing; I think it was mentioned that the elites you actually come across have nothing to do with the Covenant forces, as they are a remnant splinter group, something or whatever, kinda to that effect and whatnot, methinks. Strangely enough, I don't remember brutes, somebody else will have to catch the slack on that one.

And hey! Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay :3

• Like 2

Actually, the level 'Composer' takes place on Ivanoff Station, which is in orbit around Installation 03, seen here in the level's opening cutscene:

640px-H4-GammaHalo-Installation03.jpg

Source: Halo Wiki

One of the rings (I believe it's the same one as here, but I'm not certain) is also mentioned by Lasky and Del Rio at the end of 'Infinity', where they explain that the Infinity's purpose is to locate and study the remanining Halo rings for decommissioning. This is also where they'd originally found the co-ordinates for Requiem.

I'm fairly sure that there aren't any brutes at all in Halo 4, although the Gravity Hammer does make a brief appearance halfway through 'Midnight'.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here :)

• Like 3

Actually, the level 'Composer' takes place on Ivanoff Station, which is in orbit around Installation 03, seen here in the level's opening cutscene:

640px-H4-GammaHalo-Installation03.jpg

Source: Halo Wiki

One of the rings (I believe it's the same one as here, but I'm not certain) is also mentioned by Lasky and Del Rio at the end of 'Infinity', where they explain that the Infinity's purpose is to locate and study the remanining Halo rings for decommissioning. This is also where they'd originally found the co-ordinates for Requiem.

I'm fairly sure that there aren't any brutes at all in Halo 4, although the Gravity Hammer does make a brief appearance halfway through 'Midnight'.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here :)

A Brute Chieftain fighting Chief (could be someone else) shows up in the Prologue.

• Like 1

As Red showed a Halo ring was shown in Halo 4 during the mission where Chief goes to Ivanoff Station.

This Halo ring was Installation 03 ( Gamma Halo ) Interestingly Gamma was originally anchored around a large rocky planet, but the planet eventually shattered created the asteroid field seen in the level "Composer"

A few more interesting facts.

Gamma Halo was found my UNSC forces when they initiated a random Slipsace jump ( that lead them to Gamma Halo )
Doctor Halsey was detained and interrogated on Ivanoff station by the former leader of ONI Margaret Parangosky
Oni science recovered several items from Gamma Halo including the activation index, a war sphinx's "eye" and a Composer.
Master Chief during his second fight with the Didact alongside Blue team activated Gamma Halo to give 859 Static Carillon control of Gamma Halo

Oh and btw SD, there are no Brutes in Halo 4. :)

No idea why the Gravity hammer was there, maybe the Didact was studying it?

EDIT

And besides Halo wars, Halo Reach and Halo Odst didn't have Halo rings in them.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

"Lasky: Infinity's mission is to find and disarm the remaining Halo rings. We have based around installations 05 and 03 set up, but..

Rio: A science teams was zapped, trying to excavate a Forerunner Artifact. This sensor data was all that was left."-Infinity, Halo 4 mission

Plus the direct appearance of Gamma Halo in Halo 4, and later Escalation, yes, Halos have their role in H4. But it doesn't mean they te the main plot point- that would make the story incredibly stale incredibly quickly.

The Sangheili and Jiralhanae hae multiple factions friendly and unfriendly to humanity-just like the many Human factions growing in the postwar period. Thel 'Vadam's faction, the swords of Sanghelios is by far the largest and most powerful an allies with humanity. Some groups like Jul 'Mdama's, Merg 'Vol, Sali 'Nyon and Luro Taralumee and their respective Covenants still believe Humanity is an affront to their gods- the latter still believing the Great Journey and keeping the -ee suffix on his name. Galactic politics are not an 'us vs. them' scenario- every species now has multiple disparate groups each with their own ideals and enemies.

Edited by BaconShelf