Game Reviews With Fishy Edition 1

Fishy

Game Reviews with Fishy

Edition 1

Super Mario Sunshine

i9I9xdT.jpg

Gameplay: 8/10

The gameplay was fun and doing so was quite a task. Each individual area had a total of up to 8 episodes for each "World" each containing a shines upon completion. However, there are a total of 10 shines per World. Some even have 11 shines. 1-2 of these are "Secret shines" which require you to replay missions that are a lot harder than previously or they're just randomly placed. The other shines require you to get 100 coins in said world. Just have to be careful not to get hurt and lose some!

Campaign: 9/10

The campaign has a bunch of recurring characters throughout the Mario franchise, all on an Island known as Delfino Island. Some of these characters you find in the game are Petey Piranha and Gooper Blooper. Both bosses of their kind. Petey Prianha requires you to give him water poisoning, by filling him up with 25 gallons of water, then elbow dropping him in the stomach. The island itself is surrounded in Piantas and Nokis. (Nokis are a bit creepy with conversations.) However, the campaign features a mysterious enemy. Mario. Yes, Mario is our enemy in this game. However, when Mario goes to court. He is found guilty. This is very confusing at the time since Mario is being accused for what Mario did. Which it turns out 20 shines later, that this other "Mario" is actually Bowser Jr. he's here to kidnap Mama Peach. This is his first appearance in the entire franchise, and by doing so he has already proved to be more cunning than his father. Bowser. Your goal is to at least gather 7 shines from each individual world. From Bianco Hills to Sirena Beach. It's an endless play, and each level is harder than the last. With the 7th shine being you face Bowser Jr. every time. The game is quickly ended by a final battle of Mario versus Bowser and Bowser Jr. However, Mario wins. As usual. The game ends and Delfino Plaza has sunlight again. If you wish, you may go get all 120 shines! Leaving the plaza in a hot heat wave that's noticeable to the player.

Customization: 8/10

There's really only 2 customization options. However, that's a lot for its time. The first one requires you to get 30 shines, and you can wear sunglasses. However, it doesn't do much at the time. Once the burning sunlight gets in, the sunglasses remove the heat wave that is emitted from the ground and dims the screen a little more. The second is a tropical shirt. Only obtainable by defeating Bowser. (Completing Campaign) It's a basic Hawaiian shirt, but implemented with Shines as decal. This shirt is only used as aesthetics.

Quality: 8/10

For being on Nintendo Gamecube, the graphics are impressive and aren't an eyesore to today's generation. However, 480p isn't the best. It's still something to look at. Audio is amazing, music fits perfectly with the surroundings and encounters. Sound FX are also well done. However, everything is great, except the graphics. However, that doesn't impact the overall gameplay. Voice acting was well done too, for every character. Princess Peach and Bowser Jr. both were hands down best of all though.

Mode: 9/10

The game is single player, however I prefer it that way. Multiplayer would look really weird, unless you mind playing as il Piantissimo. Oh how I would not like that. The dudes literally dressed up as a Pianta, and they all believe he's one of them! He's literally wearing a mask that looks like their head and gloves. Wearing a white muscle shirt. The characters in this game are really stupid. Therefore, single player is perfect. There's no limit on how many people can fit on the couch and watch you. So whoever's watching is good enough. Just make sure to punch them when they mock you for failing over and over.

Glitches/Bugs: 5/10

This game literally has 77 glitches and bugs combined. Though, a few of them are actually fun to do. I mean, who doesn't like it when Yoshi messes up and instead of spitting juice, he's spitting Pianta's? However, most glitches are extremely rare to encounter, they exist. Some of the glitches are completely unnoticeable too, but they're just a programming failure. Like running with the R button held down, seems find to you but you're not supposed to be able to do that.

Overall on a 60 point scale, I give the game 47 points. However, I highly recommend it for those of you who wish to play games for a storyline. This game needs to go in your category.

That's all I have for this month guys. Thanks for reading!

Findmagicbrush.JPG

• Like 2