Semi weekly site poll 1 ( the reboot )

Everyone remembers these things right? BZ used to do them, anyway I thought I would attempt to bring them back on a semi weekly basis.

Just incase you forgot here is the low down. I create an idea for the poll, I put it in a thread. And the community decides what idea I suggested is the so called, "victor" Okay I'm not good at explaining things, lets just get started....

Anywho, here is the topic!

Was the Master Chief Collection a failure?

( I would put a picture but my computer really dosent like putting pictures on this forum...... )
Besides, who needs pictures anyway! You know the context, now explain down below your opinion and lets get started! :)

FOR THE FORUM!

Edit....

Almost forgot to add the date when voting ends. August 7th:9pm GMT

Edited by Big_Boss
  • Like 1

Yes and no. Since it was a 'super server test' so to speak and the game went to pieces, that was a failure. They should have independently tested it and not with any game for public release.

It's also was a success despite the crashes as, in my opinion, the multiplayer remastered and classic ran smoothly and the classic multiplayer maintained the original feel.

• Like 1

That's not a very good question to ask, because I've already seen it 1,000 times everywhere. So we're kind of beating a dead horse that's already 6 feet into the ground here.

I think looking at it broadly, it isn't a simple yes or no, from a broad consumer spectrum at least. From the developer itself it's a different story.

People have had varying different experiences with the game. The Consumer can determine how much they got for their moneys worth. Me, I was perfectly satisfied with the Campaigns all remastered the way they were. I hardly experienced long wait times and other problems that plagued the Multiplayer. I can't consider it a failure for me when I'm having fun and no problems. I would say that for my experience at least.

Looking through another consumers viewpoint. They have had every problem and bug in the book happen to them. Frustrating times they had. Long wait times, game crashes, problems galore. Their experience has been terrifying. They would consider it a failure, and rightly so, so I wouldn't blame them.

The better question is, does 343 consider it a failure? From a sales standpoint no they shouldn't. But I hardly think they are the kind of company that only considers sales. I can see this from the Sprints where they are making Halo 5. They are putting their heart and soul into the game, and it shows. I don't know if they would ever actually call the MCC a failure outright, but I believe they consider it as such. From apologies to free games for some users, to free maps in Halo 5, they are attempting to make up for it. But that's pretty hard to do when you have a fan-base as volatile as Halo's. The game should have never come out the way they did, and I don't think the free stuff will cut it in the long run.

The best thing that 343 can do is make Halo 5 the exact opposite of the MCC in terms of Stability. The launch of Halo 5 has to go smooth. Nearly every problem that plagued MCC cannot be present in Halo 5. So the one thing need to do is just make a stable game. Will it be enough? Doubt it. MCC turned a lot of people off. It was a harsh blow. But will it mend trust? Maybe. At least that's the best step they can take to doing so.

TL;DR:

Tired of the question

For fans it is varied based on experience

343 should be the ones that consider it a failure, and understand it CANNOT happen again.

• Like 1

A poll without a poll. There seems to be something off here Operator.

*static*

IT MAKES NO SENSE

*static*

Since the marketing campaign before release told us we'd be able to play everything like we've remembered it depends on how individual people feel. Did they in fact get to play all Halo's like they remembered?

If you get into a game and play it from start to end it does bring back the memories for me. The only problem is if. 

• Like 1

I actually made a really bad miscalculation I meant this thing was going to end on August 9th, today. :)

I don't think this poll is going to get any more answers so lets find out what the community choose.....

Answer: "For fans it is varied based on experience. 343 should be the ones that consider it a failure, and understand it CANNOT happen again"

I think that sums it up the best. Thanks to all of those who took the time to answer.

Edited by Big_Boss