Far Cry Primal Announced!

Connor Kenway

far-cry-prial.png

Hey guys so Ubisoft has announced the latest installment in the Far-Cry Franchise, although this game will be quite different hence why its not called 'Far-Cry 5' instead of taking place in our modern times as per the norm Far-Cry Primal will be taking place during the Stone Age which is an Era that isn't very common in Games these days.

Primal will be set in a Location called Oros where you play as Takkar a sole survivor of his hunting group after an ambush and he will try to reunite his tribe. "The Stone Age is the perfect settng for a Far Cry game" says Jean-Christophe Guyot, Creative Director at Ubisoft as in a way the Stone Age is the very first frontier for Man Kind when we were still climbing the food chain. 

Ubisoft was even so kind as to release 2 videos regarding the announcement of Far Cry Primal, both of which can be viewed below:

Trailer: 

Behind the Scenes: 

Far Cry Primal will be releasing February 23rd 2016 on Xbox One and PS4 and will release on PC in March 2016. 

What are your thoughts on Far Cry Primal having a quicker dev cycle than previous games which usually came out every 3 years do you think its a bit soon for a new Far Cry with Far Cry 4 only being released last November? let me know below folks! 

Source:http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-primal-announced/

• Like 5

I never really enjoyed the Far Cry series, mainly because it followed the Ubisoft open worlds genre idea.

That usually means there is 100 copy past side missions and 200 treasure chests so find in a bland open world.

Granted, this game looks different so I will be looking into it, but I can't say I'm hyped for it. :)

• 4 months later...

I must say, not having been a big Far Cry fan, as in I have never owned any of the games but have played a few just to try them out, I am quite happy with my decision to get Primal. I personally am a sucker for this type of game and have been enjoying it since release. Still haven't gotten very far (so please give warning if you mention any spoilers) but I can say that I am about 25% through and still look forward to playing it when I am gaming alone.