can some one help me about pre oerdering games

Adam91

i have pre ordered a game at GAME in the uk, i have only placed £5 pounds on it so far and i dont think ill have the rest when it is released, can they give me a certain amount if time after the realease date to pay the rest and pick it up, i would call them now but the store is closed can some one help

I know gamestop in the USA holds the game for you until you can pay it, even if its six months after release date. I don't think there is a certain amount of time where they void your pre order anyway. I would check with the store just to make sure its the same over in the UK.

I know gamestop in the USA holds the game for you until you can pay it, even if its six months after release date. I don't think there is a certain amount of time where they void your pre order anyway. I would check with the store just to make sure its the same over in the UK.

thanks for the info hopefully they do the same here as they do in the usa ill call them tomorrow and see what they can do

I ahve seen cases of where you have 24 hours to pay and pickup a disc you ordered here in the uS. Halo 2 was like that. At the midnight launch here in PA, if it wasn't paid for in full, and they had no unreserved copies left, they would turn around and sell those copies to people with money in hand if not picked up in a certain amount of time. Is there anyway you can propogate some money quickly to be sure?

I ahve seen cases of where you have 24 hours to pay and pickup a disc you ordered here in the uS. Halo 2 was like that. At the midnight launch here in PA, if it wasn't paid for in full, and they had no unreserved copies left, they would turn around and sell those copies to people with money in hand if not picked up in a certain amount of time. Is there anyway you can propogate some money quickly to be sure?

im sure ill find away just have to try and save because theres a few games coming out next month, but wouldnt the store always have copies of games comming in, thanks for the heads up btw

Look at your pre-order receipt, at the bottom it should tell you the terms for the pre-order. Also, if available, go to the website to see conditions. Just looked over my receipt from Gamestop and it's terms for pre-order are: "NEW RELEASE PRODUCTS WILL BE HELD FOR 48 HOURS AFTER RELEASE". There is also a $5 restocking fee if not picked up within 48 hours. I'm in the US and ordered from Gamestop so not sure if it applies to UK orders taken at your store. What really sucks for me is I pre-ordered 3 titles being released within a 7 day period (Nov. 8, 11, and 15) so I have to make 3 different trips to the store on 3 different days, which is a 45 minute drive away. I would definately do as Jester suggested and give the store a call to be absolutely sure. You can always cancel the order ahead of time to get your 5 bucks back for later. Good luck!! :thumbsup:

i called into the store they said i can pick it up when ever i want there is no deadline but then i looked at the reciept and it said i have 28 days to pick it up after the release date so ill do what it says on the receipt just to be safe because ill definitley have the money way before 28 days, thanks every one for your help it is much appreciated it was just worrying me a bit.