SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER & CAMPAIGN

AGGIExBLUE31

Question: how in the hell does Halo 5 not allow you to play the campaign and multiplayer on the same TV??

In other words, how in the hell does HALO 5 NOT HAVE SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER AND CAMPAIGN???!!!

@@343i that is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Please explain.

Why?

Because the whole game including the engine is built around 60fps. Meaning it could not work without 60fps.

Without the support of Xbl servers (That's while online co-op is a thing) then splitscreen could not happen because the Xb1 is not powerful enough to have both 60fps and splitscreen.

Or Ms is taking us for a ride and wants us to buy more Xb1's to fill their pockets...

Either one works I guess. :)

Undead P34nut Where would be the best place to find some answers? I would do some research but everytime I try I just get sent to some forum or message board. So why don't you explain it for me?

The short version is that 343i have stated that the limitations of the hardware meant that they needed to choose between maintaining 60 frames per second and putting in splitscreen, as there isn't any way to do both. As a result, they chose to drop splitscreen in favour of getting the higher framerate, and there aren't any plans to patch it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Why?

Because the whole game including the engine is built around 60fps. Meaning it could not work without 60fps.

Without the support of Xbl servers (That's while online co-op is a thing) then splitscreen could not happen because the Xb1 is not powerful enough to have both 60fps and splitscreen.

Or Ms is taking us for a ride and wants us to buy more Xb1's to fill their pockets...

Either one works I guess. :)

Other games from same universe supports 4 players split screen with no framerate issues, i stick with your second theory.