343 talks a lil halo 4

GODSABOMINATION

Sorry if this was posted somewhere but after doig some research i saw this click this link an tell me what u think?

343 Industries: Halo 4 will "re-inject some new life" into Halo multiplayer

Posted 01/19/2012 at 11:41am | by

RYAN MCCAFFREY

concept-art-halo-4-forest-design.jpg

Waking up and realizing that it's 2012 — or in Master Chief's case, 2553 — is a joyous occasion if for no other reason than it means one thing: Halo 4 will be out this year. We sat down with 343 Industries Franchise Development Director Frank O'Connor to get an update.

On how much focus Halo: CE Anniversary took away from Halo 4:

“Out of 200-plus people working at our studio, roughly 200 are working on Halo 4.”

On whether they will collaborate again with Certain Affinity, the studio founded by former Halo 2 lead multiplayer designer Max Hoberman:

“Certain Affinity will absolutely be working with us again. They’re a part of our family.”

Clarifying whether or not that means Certain Affinity will be doing multiplayer maps forHalo 4:

“We are definitely building Halo 4 multiplayer stuff in-house, [but] would we consider working with [them] on that stuff? Of course. They’ve done some of the best maps for everything since Halo 2.”

On whether or not they’ve been fighting an uphill battle with fans simply because they’re not Bungie:

“When people see what we’ve been able to achieve technologically, and how both careful and ambitious we’ve been with the gameplay — those things sound contradictory but they’re not — I think they’ll become more and more confident [in us].”

mc_end.jpg

On whether or not any of the new engine technology from Anniversary will make its way into Halo 4:

“The technology in Halo: CE Anniversary is really cool, but it has nothing to do with the technology that [the Halo 4 team] is working on.”

On just how different Halo 4 will be from Bungie’s games:

“The core of what’s going to make Halo 4 great is some of the universe building and gameplay creation that Bungie seeded way back in Halo: CE.”

On where changes might be most visible:

“Now is the time when we really need to do something fresh and new and re-inject some new life…at least in multiplayer.”

On how lost you’ll be, storywise, if you play Halo 4 without having ever played Halobefore:

“If Halo 4 is your first [Halo] game, that’s fine — don’t worry about it.”

I have added the actual page from XBOX Magazine for you. Great find! Absolute Dog

Edited by Absolute Dog
Added the actual page for the member.
  • Like 1

GODSABOMINATION

Great find! I have brought what you found posted in XBOX magazine here for members to see.

This was posted yesterday at 11:41 am in XBOX Magazine.

Waking up and realizing that it's 2012 — or in Master Chief's case, 2553 — is a joyous occasion if for no other reason than it means one thing: Halo 4 will be out this year. We sat down with 343 Industries Franchise Development Director Frank O'Connor to get an update.

“Out of 200-plus people working at our studio, roughly 200 are working on Halo 4.”

On whether they will collaborate again with Certain Affinity, the studio founded by former Halo 2 lead multiplayer designer Max Hoberman:

“Certain Affinity will absolutely be working with us again. They’re a part of our family.”

Clarifying whether or not that means Certain Affinity will be doing multiplayer maps forHalo 4:

“We are definitely building Halo 4 multiplayer stuff in-house, [but] would we consider working with [them] on that stuff? Of course. They’ve done some of the best maps for everything since Halo 2.”

On whether or not they’ve been fighting an uphill battle with fans simply because they’re not Bungie:

“When people see what we’ve been able to achieve technologically, and how both careful and ambitious we’ve been with the gameplay — those things sound contradictory but they’re not — I think they’ll become more and more confident [in us].”

mc_end.jpg

On whether or not any of the new engine technology from Anniversary will make its way into Halo 4:

“The technology in Halo: CE Anniversary is really cool, but it has nothing to do with the technology that [the Halo 4 team] is working on.”

“The core of what’s going to make Halo 4 great is some of the universe building and gameplay creation that Bungie seeded way back in Halo: CE.”

“Now is the time when we really need to do something fresh and new and re-inject some new life…at least in multiplayer.”

On how lost you’ll be, storywise, if you play Halo 4 without having ever played Halobefore:

GODSABOMINATION

Great find! I have brought what you found posted in XBOX magazine here for members to see.

This was posted yesterday at 11:41 am in XBOX Magazine.

mc_end.jpg

excellent find really glad to see a bit of info, but i must say the last question worries me slightly

[On how lost you’ll be, storywise, if you play Halo 4 without having ever played Halobefore:

“If Halo 4 is your first [Halo] game, that’s fine — don’t worry about it.” ]

i know the new trilogy is gonna be taking a new story but i still want it to have connections with the the previous trilogy, i want there to be references from the first trilogy in the new one, like in some pieces of dialouge in halo 4 i want some mentions to be made from some events from the first trilogy. I dont want there to be a blank spot between the last events in halo 3 and the beginning of halo 4, im still really excited for halo 4 mybe im over thinking it.

Thank you very much for this update GODSABOMINATION