Bungie and Microsoft break up

Arbiter

to be honest, i don't think it was simply bungie breaking up, i think it was more to the fact that microsoft got what they wanted, knew they weren't gonna be as successful with their next game, and said bye bye, so activision decided to step in, and boom, that's where they are now.

Activision didn't step in. Bungie went to Activision. And plus, they didn't want to be exclusive to Xbox anymore anyways.

Someone probably already posted this, I didn't read the comments, but Bungie ran a 10-year deal with Microsoft, because they needed help making Combat Evolved since they didn't have enough money, so they started making Halo: CE for the Xbox, and it would be an exclusive to the Xbox. Why Bungie only agreed to a 10-year deal, probably because they didn't like working with Microsoft, they liked freedom when tehy worked. But now they're in a deal with Activision, which I think is 10-years too. They stated that they wanted to make something else, as they've been doing the same series for 10 years.

At least Halo is in good hands 343 are fans of the game for one. That is a massive plus for me, and there are a couple of ex bungie employees at 343, nowhere near the amount people think

Yeah everyone thinks that 343i is like made up of entirely Bungie Employees, when only like 3 work there. Atleast Frank O'Connor is there though.

...Along the road they made Halo Wars...

I must correct you there. Bungie did not develop Halo Wars, that was Ensamble. Halo Wars was the only game published of the three Halo games that wern't made by Bungie that Microsoft gave the green light to. Out of the other two I know that one was a Halo MMO but I am not sure about the other one. I'm sure that Microsoft allowing other developers aside from Bungie to make Halo games was part of the reason for the split.

I think Bungie made a Vidoc saying why.

Yes. After bungie released Myth then they accidently made a huge problem that costed them ALOT of money to fix so at that point the company was going in the hole. So, Microsoft handed Bungie a way out of their situation by joining up with them. Obviously. anyways it just happened to be at the same time Bungie came up with Halo and after Halo Reach came out then Bungie was back on their feet (money wise, or something) so they said they were going to leave Microsoft and to do that they had to hand over Halo, plus they had singed a contract with Activision so yeah thats it! and it sucks, 343 is ruining Halo... Reach is getting less fun to play every time I get on, and they're coming out with more halos when microsoft should have stopped at Halo 3.

Yes. After bungie released Myth then they accidently made a huge problem that costed them ALOT of money to fix so at that point the company was going in the hole. So, Microsoft handed Bungie a way out of their situation by joining up with them. Obviously. anyways it just happened to be at the same time Bungie came up with Halo and after Halo Reach came out then Bungie was back on their feet (money wise, or something) so they said they were going to leave Microsoft and to do that they had to hand over Halo, plus they had singed a contract with Activision so yeah thats it! and it sucks, 343 is ruining Halo... Reach is getting less fun to play every time I get on, and they're coming out with more halos when microsoft should have stopped at Halo 3.

Dont worry Halo CEA will be fun and Halo 4 will be just as good or no it will be even better then all the halo's just give 343 a chance and you will see they will do good with Halo and all the Halo fans.

Sorry 343 is ruining Halo? How exactly? That comment has no backup, so I would like your comment explained.

its no doubt that bungie wants 2 do other games that they want 2 play . its about the money 2 as allways there must have been some contract 2 do a halo game every so often but they want 2 do other games with there team i dont think theres time 2 make a new gameing universe and keep makeing halo so they opted out since microshaft owns halo not bungie

Bungie was owned by MS, Bungie bought themselves back as a independant developer. They lost the rights to Halo in the deal. There will never be Halo for PS3. Bungie doesnt work for Sony, they are just developing multi-platform games now. I have no idea why Bungie went for a contract with Activision, but they are developing some titles for them now. Bungie left MS simply because they felt they had outgrown them and wanted to do something other than Halo, and going independant opens up alot of new doors for their creative talents. I was excited to see what they could do without a large corporation on their backs, but now, I dont really care seeing how they got in bed with Activision. Once again their creativity will be choked by corporate bean counters. I will give Bungie's next title a chance.....only if it is avalible for 360 also, if not....I hope they fail.

Bungie will still own the IPs they create. Activision just gets to publish the games.

Bungie has gone to great efforts in their new contracts to make sure that they will hold the content rights to any new content they create. They sold their baby (Halo) to Microsoft but at the time they really didn't have another option. It was either pair up of go under. Watch Bungies vid doc. Almost all the questions people have on here are explained.

The current project with Activision is the Destiny project. Bungie has already released some new wallpapers and stuff to. Check your bungie mobile app or b.net for more info.

• 4 months later...