Bungie and Microsoft break up

Arbiter

• 3 weeks later...

Bungie was owned by MS, Bungie bought themselves back as a independant developer. They lost the rights to Halo in the deal. There will never be Halo for PS3. Bungie doesnt work for Sony, they are just developing multi-platform games now. I have no idea why Bungie went for a contract with Activision, but they are developing some titles for them now. Bungie left MS simply because they felt they had outgrown them and wanted to do something other than Halo, and going independant opens up alot of new doors for their creative talents. I was excited to see what they could do without a large corporation on their backs, but now, I dont really care seeing how they got in bed with Activision. Once again their creativity will be choked by corporate bean counters. I will give Bungie's next title a chance.....only if it is avalible for 360 also, if not....I hope they fail.

Everyone this is the real reason why they split. It was Bungie's decision not to renew their contract. They wanted to move on.