Profile Shot

TheDroneSide.jpg

Overhead

TheDroneOVH.jpg

Top floor

TheDroneTF.jpg

Bottom floor

TheDroneBF.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAP CAPACITY AND GAMETYPE SUPPORT

MAX PLAYERS:4

GAMETYPES: All Slayer Gametypes (Free For All, Team 2v2, SWAT)

WEAPONS:Assualt Rifles, DMRs, Shotguns, Plasma Repeaters, Needlers, Needler Rifles, Grenade Launcher, Gravity Hammer, Energy Sword, Rocket Launcher (Well hidden), Plasma Launcher (Well hidden)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description

First map Ive ever made for Halo Multiplayer, created as a small arena like stage, with a well open top floor with total safety from falls, perfect for no hold back fighting, also a small barrierless bottom floor with access to the melee weapons where one wrong step could is send you swimming

All the weapons in the stage is spread out even and symmetrically, starting spawns are placed on the edge of the cross, for teams Red on the North and South, Blue: West and East (see Overhead screenshot for the locations)

The Power Weapons: Grenade Lanucher is set in the middle of the stage, the Rocket Launcher and Plasma Launcher are in the stage, but are extermely hidden.

Like I said, this was my first map made, so please let me know what you think of it and please give feedback

Thank you and good night

(Coming soon, Map: Post-Waterfall)

Hi Bobo!

I've played over the map, and while I really do like the general aesthetic, I think there are a few ways that it could be improved.

First off, while the lower level is fine, the upper deck really needs some help - as is, while the varying heights of different sections help break things up a little there really is nowhere near enough cover. Someone could stand on the 'Nade Launcher spawn and hit someone anywhere else on the top deck without moving, which is a particular problem considering how small the map is. Adding just a few columns or covers or even a glass sail here and there would really help the flow of the map, because as it is now there really isn't much incentive to use the top deck unless you're going for the Rocket/Plasma launcher spawns.

That brings me on to the second point, which is the weaponry. While everyone loves having a power weapon, it feels like there are just too many to be crammed into a space this small. In a four player game, every single player could have two power weapons at the same time, which is frankly insane. It really would be worth considering toning down the amount of game-changing weaponry here.

Lastly, it might also be worth adding two-way teleports between each of the dishes, to give players more options for getting in and out of their bases: the fact that there's only one way out now could lead to absolutely awful spawn camping, and due to the amount of weaponry there would be almost no way to break out of it. This would also really improve the flow of the map, and since it's so open up players who were paying attention wouldn't be caught off guard by it.

Anyway, positives! I really, really do like the way it looks, the sections on the bottom are reminiscent of The Cage in what is one of the few good points of that level, and I like the fact that there are two main combat decks, as well as the risk involved in going for the power weapons on the bottom deck. The lower level is itself really well designed, there's a god balance between sight lines and cover, especially considering that it can be attacked from above - I like as well the fact that it's actually possible to jump down to the bottom level from outside the bases, which could definitely be exploited by clever players. The lower parts of the stairs would also make really good spots for the Health Packs to move to, as well. The fact that the 'Nade Launcher spawn is also very exposed to all directions is also a really good design choice, and well done on remembering the kill barrier, so many maps forget to put them in at all.

In short, it could use some work, but I definitely think it has potential!

• Like 1

@RedStarRocket91

I apprentice the feedback, and the points of improvement. Like I said it was my first map and I am bit of rookie at mapmaking (still taking as much advice as I can)

With the 'Nade Lanucher, I know its a decent weapon, but they would have to wait for respawn and its out in the open so it puts them at risk. The melee weapons on the bottom level, there were placed there, because puts a player at risk of getting a good weapon and coming out in one piece. And I thinking off removing the Rocket/Plasma Launchers and adding more cover barricades on the round platforms and bridges

I havent had much luck with the Teleporters... it usual backfires on me. and I tried to max and spread the respawns as possible, even abused my second map with respawns.

But I am happy with the pointers you given me here, I'll put them to use for this and other maps.

And thanks *hand shakes*

The general outline of the map is really good, and the ideas behind it are solid: it just needs a little refinement. I'm worried that I came across as too negative, you've come up with something that has a lot of potential and I don't want to put you off!

The 'Nade Launcher is very well positioned, but for something that exposed it might be worth trading for something even more powerful - you could swap around the 'Nade and Rocket Launchers, for example, that would be better in terms of risk/reward. It might also be interesting if you were to add shield doors to the base entrances, that would make it much harder to camp outside the bases as people would have to move a long distance away to attack, giving players a better chance to escape from their spawn location.

For someone new to Forge it really is impressive though, and I'm excited to see what you come up with next!

@RedStarRocket91

Its cool man, I need all the advice and help I can get my hands on.

Well, I don't really have bases here, it was more starting points and respawn where ever on the map, trying out the same formula like the FFA's on Rumble Pit

• Like 1