Why is Halo the best?

Rumerboy

It's pace and its unique game play. In what other game can you jump over somebody and smack them in the back of the head?

And it's also one of the only futuristic style games that is very down to earth. (in touch with western culture)

The story. I notice story are going down after Halo 3 due to much focus on multiplayer. I honestly think there should be two teams, one campaign and one story both have their own art designer and the jobs. If 343 already is thatway then I have more faith in CEA ( not saying I didn't just more).

Randomness. Halois the most random game I played. On Halo 2 on Cairo Station I fired my SMG when suddenly crossed a loading zone and I couldn't make it stop. Remember in H2 when you continuosly fire SMG your aim goes up ? I was walking around station looking up at ceiling while firing my gun till 3 Elites found me ...

I do think the campaign whilst futuristic do tell a story well and I aim that at all halos. They actually keep the campaigns real or human

The only issue I have with Reachs campaign was lack of covvies, considering it was invasion there should of been areas of 1000's of them .

So long story short

storytelling

Obviously, if your on 343industries.org. your probably a hardcore fan. But what makes Halo so great? Submit your reasons why or what you think makes Halo a great game.

it was the first game i ever played, and i will make sure its the last game i ever play

From the moment I first played part of the campaign on my nephews XBOX I was hooked. I have played video games since Pong, yes Pong! I have owned nearly every game counsel ever made and played so many stand up arcade games in local game rooms, bowling alleys and malls than I will ever be able to remember. The were some great games that had built in story lines, were adapted from movies or just stood on their own. Tron, Space Invaders, Galaga, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Syphon Filter, Legacy of Kain series, and the Bond series are just a few of them. But when Halo hit the market all else that stood before it seemed to fade away as I became engrossed in the game series. Other than a quick sampling of MW, which I never took to, I have not played another FPS online since my first exposure to Halo! It has earned more than a cult status with it's fans. We were all owe a great deal of thanks to whomever first read the novel and worked to make this game a reality. I have continued to play long after my nephews lost interest. Point is, Halo is the best, will always be the best and live on long after others fade away. The story, the campaign, the muliti-player! It has no equal!