Halo 4 The Needs and Wants.

SangMan

OK this is gonna be quite long so if you have a larger than average care toward Halo and where it's going read on.

I'm making this post because I want to get to the problems with Matchmaking, Custom Games, Forge,Theater and Campaign I will be honest though I have no problems with campaign although suggestions are welcome just like the others. I will post only Matchmaking today, tomorrow I will post my issues with custom games. I'm doing this so that all of these Ideas get discussed as a one individual problem each day to keep it organized which is kinda hypocritical because my writing is awful and disorganized.

Matchmaking: I truly believe that for Halo 4 to succeed its predecessors in the Matchmaking sense it needs to have a proper ranking system. Now I will explain what I mean by a proper ranking system. The incentive to play matchmaking should be to measure your skill against others by winning and I say skill because 1: it's the truth in my opinion and 2: not speaking for everyone a credit based ranking system does not motivate a player to win the game nor does it help compare skill to other players effectively. Now what I think should be implemented is a matchmaking system that is based off of winning and slightly on in game performance. I don't have a formula to make such a ranking system but what I can do is use my experience from playing all the Halo's and say why things work and don't work. I will address that a system weighing so much on in game performance like Arena's system in Reach will promote nothing but a "Stating" mindset, for those of you who don't know what "Stating" is its when someone who doesn't care about the win just wants to look at those high numbers at the end of the game. But anyway I am in no way suggesting that if you like to go into matchmaking and "Stat" you should stop playing Halo I am merely saying that you should not be rewarded for it. So that's my argument why there should be a slight reward for in game performance. Now why I believe winning should be the key element in whether or not you rank up in Halo is for one all I said above individual stat ranking promotes "Stating" not team game play which is not what I want to see in Halo. Maybe others will disagree, if you disagree feel free to say so by all means. But anyway back to the ranking system. Winning is the way your rank should be measured and in consecutive wins not one win here and another there and slowly ranking up. You should be penalized for losing definitely. Also I believe the ranking system should be 1-50 like it's always been although I would not be opposed to something other than 1-50 as long as if you are at the top you are there for a reason other than just playing the game everyday. Anyway that's really all I have to say about the ranking system any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated so this thread gets noticed by 343 because even if what we come up with here at the end of this thread may not be put into Halo 4 at least we can have some sort of influence if it is read. (Remember this is about the Ranked playlist)

Custom Games: Mar 5 - Mar 6

Forge: Mar 6 - Mar 7

Theater: Mar 7 - Mar 8

Campaign: Mar 8 - Mar 9