Halo 4 Armor Color Wheel

xxDarkninjaxx

I think it would be nice if 343i added a color wheel to halo 4 instead of just a few colors to choose from, like to be able to choose from a bunch of shades of blue, instead of just 3 shades, like in Halo:Reach, and to have a color wheel for the visor, instead of a few colors like in Reach. And the color wheel should apply for every single part of your armor, like feet armor color, calf armor color, knee gaurd color, thigh armor color, chest and back armor color, shoulder pad armor color, arm armor color, helmet color, and visor color, and color options such as Pearl, Metallic, Sparkle, Gloss, Matte, stuff like that.

oh and here's an idea, instead of you just being red or blue, you could be your own color set and you have a band painted around your arm or something.

That would be way to confusing. You have no idea who's who. Well, with arrows over there heads, yes. But sometimes those are hard to see, and in close calls it would just be too hard. That's a most definite no.

What he mans by color wheel, is being able to manually adjust the hue and saturation. They have these items in shader tags already, so I dont see why they could not adjust the UI to allow it. It would make for a much better customized armor look. Great idea man!

• Like 2

I like it. :yes

I'm huge on the idea of Uniquity, especially when I think of tens of thousands of players running around in "Steel" armor and a black visor, as though it makes them harder to see and hit. Heck, give me my old orange and white armor, paint a bright red bullseye on my chest and light my helmet on fire - it doesn't make a lick of difference to me.

And regarding the notion of keeping our personalized colours on teams, and instead having a red or blue band on our arm or something... No offense, SHH, but absolutely not. You know how high everybody's Betrayals count would be? Half of us have a hard enough time already when it comes to watching for friendly IFF markers. While it might make these players think more, that just means it will also slow the action down, and the last thing we want is to slow things down again. You know what I mean? :heart:

And regarding the notion of keeping our personalized colours on teams, and instead having a red or blue band on our arm or something... No offense, SHH, but absolutely not. You know how high everybody's Betrayals count would be? Half of us have a hard enough time already when it comes to watching for friendly IFF markers. While it might make these players think more, that just means it will also slow the action down, and the last thing we want is to slow things down again. You know what I mean? :heart:

How would you feel about letting us keep our 'secondary' colours in matchmaking? Shoulder pads, helmet highlights, knee and shin guards, that sort of thing?

• Like 2

But for the players who like the original way of customizing you armor color, you could click normal customization for the old halo 3 or halo reach color grid and customization, or you could click advanced for the color wheel. now both sides are happy, and i think 343i is smart enough not to have pitch black right?