Halo 2.4 (Halo 4) Beta Team!!!

Twinreaper

Good afternoon folks, Twinreaper here. In light of 343i not releasing a beta for Halo 4, I have taken it upon myself to attempt to form a team of expert or novice Halo 2 map makers, to assist me in creating Halo 4 assets for Halo 2, in hopes to give the community here, a close as possible Halo 4 experience without the wait. Vyrant Studios is looking for anyone with any type of expereince in halo modification and creation tools that wants to be part of something huge! Even if you dont have the tools, but have expereince, I can provide the HEK tools for you.

You may be asking yourself, "But how can you do that"? Simple. By utilizing the cracked and or private builds of the HEK that shipped with Halo 2, I have gained enough knowledge to create and tweak many different types of tags to produce quality content that is as close to Halo as you can get.

So now the meat and bones of all this.....here is what I am looking for....

1. Modelers. Expereince doesn't matter. Either good or bad, I want you to try. Mostly this person or persons, will be dealing with getting game ready models created, and ready to be passed off to me or someone else for texturing and rigging.

2. Tag Creation. This person or people will be needed to tweak and create new tag sets to pull of some or all of the things associated with a particular item or weapon or even mechanic in-game. Things like powerups, HUD work and even effects qualify.

3. Testers. Serious testers may only apply. This beta project will be under extreme wraps and will will only be tested by the team, and will not be released until it is of high enough quality to release to the community.

So if you have expereince at all in Halo 2 HEK please drop me a PM or hit me up thru e-mail and we can discuss the project in further detail. As an example, here is some of the things we need off the bat...

- Battle Rifle model

- New realistic firing gun sounds compiled into Halo 2 sound format and ready for in-game use.

- New HUD

- Anything else seen so far in the MM gameplay that you want to do.

Dont be shy people! Help me help you all have a great expereince without the wait! Join up today!!!

Basically you will be handed map files for testing. Testing will be done on a private password protected dedicated server. The testers primary goal is to play the weapons and mechanics on all gametypes and.report bugs or.glitches with the content.

• Like 1

Basically you will be handed map files for testing. Testing will be done on a private password protected dedicated server. The testers primary goal is to play the weapons and mechanics on all gametypes and.report bugs or.glitches with the content.

I'm interested. So basically it would be like alpha testing in a sense? Where you actually play the project and report bugs and such (like you stated).

Ok, those who replied are in for beta tesers of the project. ShadGhost, you are in as well. Find out what you can and when you can, any info on weapons and try to start with simple or known ones. I'll contact you shortly by way of PM to get some things rolling.

I'll test the beta if that's okay. I don't have much experience with modeling, ect but I'm interested in the testing part. I have Halo 2 and an upgraded $1000 dollar computer which runs Halo 2 flawlessly.

EDIT: Was looking for this before but couldn't find it but I found it now. http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/6747-halo-4-battle-rifle-model-subd/page__hl__%2Bhalo+%2Bbattle+%2Brifle__fromsearch__1 Twin, you have posted on this thread and I'm sure you are aware of it's existence but I thought I might just add the link here in case you forgot about it or couldn't find it yourself. :D