Reason 343 is going to fail

Strayphe

There is no evidence of jet packs in Halo 4. The only ability that we can actually confirm to be in the game is "Sprint". It does not mean armour abilities are returning, and could just be a basic feature that everyone has at all time. 343i has stated that they never used the term "perks" to describe the systems they're using. They've also said that everything will be directly related to you being a Spartan IV, and that the systems they're implementing will not simply be mirror images of what you see in other shooters. They're not going to simply take a feature another game uses and just slap it into Halo 4. And really? "****ty" games? Is that why they get great reviews and have lots of people that play them on a daily basis? They're doing something right, otherwise people wouldn't be spending their time online in their multiplayer.

Have you seen any of the maps in their entirety? Have you played on them to see how they play? No, you have not. You have no idea how the maps are going to play, or how well or poorly they're designed. 343i has already said that they're not just taking spaces from the campaign and placing them into multiplayer. They're building multiplayer maps from scratch and with competitive play in mind.

Halo: Reach is far from the worst game ever. I could name quite a few games that are miles worse than Halo: Reach. It's, at the very least a good game. At the best, it's a fantastic game.

Who on Earth do you think you are insulting the new Halo developers? You have absolutely no legitimate reasons to dislike them or to be showing them such disrespect. They're not dumb. They're quite intelligent and know what they're doing. They're doing their best to make sure that whatever changes there are improve upon the experience and are balanced. They're taking lessons from the successes and failures of past Halo games, and keeping those things in mind while they develop Halo 4. Have you played Halo 4? Have you seen any final gameplay or tested the game in it's near final or final state? No, you have not. You have absolutely no idea how Halo 4 is going to turn out. Until you've played the final product and seen all it has to offer, you cannot offer an honest, well informed opinion on it's overall quality. This isn't their official website by the way. The official website is http://www.halo.xbox.com .

If you plan on going there to voice your opinion, here are a few tips.

• Use proper grammar.
  • Refrain from insulting 343 Industries, or anyone for that matter.
  • Make sure that you've checked whatever information you come across for authenticity.
  • Don't take things out of context, and don't believe every rumour that you hear.
  • Show some respect.

Your OP makes you seem very rude, by the way.

Wait. In the teaser trailer for Halo4, it showed John, using some sort of Jetpack.. If you look closely to the vidoc of the development of Halo, it clearly shows some sort of Jetpack attached to the back of the spartan 4s. Im not saying that their exaclty like The Mark6, but ti shows it. #2 Ms. Mystic, I undeerstand you were trying to prove your point. Which you did, but you could've atleast posted in a much incer way. not everyone is going to use propar grammar, respect, etc. Everyone is different. As for the whole perk issue. I have proof that 343, are planning on making the Ranking system like mw3s, which is outrageous. And they are making perks. If you want, i can pull up the vidoe, etc. (: 343 will not fail. They made Halo: Anniversary, and they did one heck of a job! :D

Welcome to the forums!

The teaser trailer showed Master Chief using some form of thruster pack designed for space use. And yes, the back of the Spartan 4's have something on them, but there's no video showing one using a jet pack. Could just be an attachment on the armor that serves no purpose, or like the Chief's, is a thruster used in a Zero-G setting to make minor adjustments in trajectory.

As for not everyone using proper grammar, is it really that difficult to at least attempt it? And why shouldn't somebody expect respect? Yes, everybody is different, but that doesn't make somebody better than another. Not showing respect is a way to not get any in return.

Also, claiming to have "proof" and then not sharing it doesn't help us out, Project. So yes, put a link to the video, please. Would love to see where this Ranking system "proof" is from.

• Like 1

Jetpack,perks, and lame mp map designs, nobody wants to see campain crap in mp. Make maps like halo 3 mlg maps linear and complete. Jetpacks ruin everything about mp gameplay what is the point about holding down and setting up on maps jetpacks = fail. Perks really ur kidding right stop trying so hard to make ur game like everyone elses.. there all ****ty games the people who played halo 2 and 3 dont want to play some **** remake of halo reach... worst game ever.. eats chowdown is better then reach. All im saying is ur ruining the game that halo 2 and 3 players loved good job.. idiots.. hopfully 343 industrys replys bc i would love to hear how dumb u guys are and how ****ty this game actually is going to turn out.. 343 =fail.

While I do agree that 343 is going to fail (honestly if you disagree have you played matchmaking lately? Oh yeah were gonna make some changes an fix the bugs blah blah CRAP)

Mind you I hope they succeed.

An your complaining about Jetpack? Stop camping an maybe it won't be problem! If anything I complain about armor lock.. Campers favorite tool.

An I do agree about the maps honestly.. I don't really have favorites like I did with Halo 3. We've got crap like "uncaged" all the time or "Pinnacle."

The maps simply fail. Theres no flow at all! What happened to the AMAZING maps like Highground, Construct, Ghost Town, The Pit or Guardian?

None of the Halo Reach Maps can even touch those. Its sad. But still, thats not 343s fault at all. Bungie made them, so why are you blaming 343?

Regardless. 343 bans anyone who badmouths them (personal experience) so I'm sure you've been banned.

wow way to jump to conclusions before more then two minutes of gameplay have been released. first of all they have yet to confirm the jetpack. we dont no how these perks willl work and dont bash 343 when the only game they have released is Halo Anniversary which was a real good respectful remake of Halo CE. dont judge Halo 4 just yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wait. In the teaser trailer for Halo4, it showed John, using some sort of Jetpack.. If you look closely to the vidoc of the development of Halo, it clearly shows some sort of Jetpack attached to the back of the spartan 4s. Im not saying that their exaclty like The Mark6, but ti shows it. #2 Ms. Mystic, I undeerstand you were trying to prove your point. Which you did, but you could've atleast posted in a much incer way. not everyone is going to use propar grammar, respect, etc. Everyone is different. As for the whole perk issue. I have proof that 343, are planning on making the Ranking system like mw3s, which is outrageous. And they are making perks. If you want, i can pull up the vidoe, etc. (: 343 will not fail. They made Halo: Anniversary, and they did one heck of a job! :D

That was not a jetpack. It was a thruster pack that has always been built into the Master Chief's armour, he's just never really used it before. I don't believe that I was unkind or rude when I offered my opinion/point. As for not everyone using proper grammar and showing respect, why should they not? Using proper grammar allows people to easily read and understand your posts, and it also helps others take you more seriously. I'm not sure if you realise this, but some people actually get headaches from trying to read posts that are typed out using "txt" speak. I myself have got the occasional headache from trying to do so. In regards to showing respect, why should someone not show others respect? There is absolutely no excuse not to show someone at least some sort of respect. Why is this? Well because if someone is going to post in a disrespectful manner, then I feel less inclined to show them respect myself.

You say that you have proof that they're creating "perks" and making the system more like that of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's ranking system. Well go ahead, show everyone here the proof you have. I would be glad to see it.

Fact of the matter is that the game hasn't been released yet. It hasn't even been finished yet. Anything that's leaked is subject to dramatic change as more ideas crop up. While they are building the game, they add things in and take things out. As a matter of fact, in Halo 2 they did this so much that it almost screwed them over. Nothing about Halo 4 is set in stone until they finish the game and put it on the assembly line.

My advice to you is don't judge a book by it's cover, especially when it isn't even written yet.

That was not a jetpack. It was a thruster pack that has always been built into the Master Chief's armour, he's just never really used it before. I don't believe that I was unkind or rude when I offered my opinion/point. As for not everyone using proper grammar and showing respect, why should they not? Using proper grammar allows people to easily read and understand your posts, and it also helps others take you more seriously. I'm not sure if you realise this, but some people actually get headaches from trying to read posts that are typed out using "txt" speak. I myself have got the occasional headache from trying to do so. In regards to showing respect, why should someone not show others respect? There is absolutely no excuse not to show someone at least some sort of respect. Why is this? Well because if someone is going to post in a disrespectful manner, then I feel less inclined to show them respect myself.

You say that you have proof that they're creating "perks" and making the system more like that of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's ranking system. Well go ahead, show everyone here the proof you have. I would be glad to see it.

actually the perks is called 'modifications' in Halo 4, this has been confirmed mystic..recent news

Welcome to the forums!

The teaser trailer showed Master Chief using some form of thruster pack designed for space use. And yes, the back of the Spartan 4's have something on them, but there's no video showing one using a jet pack. Could just be an attachment on the armor that serves no purpose, or like the Chief's, is a thruster used in a Zero-G setting to make minor adjustments in trajectory.

As for not everyone using proper grammar, is it really that difficult to at least attempt it? And why shouldn't somebody expect respect? Yes, everybody is different, but that doesn't make somebody better than another. Not showing respect is a way to not get any in return.

Also, claiming to have "proof" and then not sharing it doesn't help us out, Project. So yes, put a link to the video, please. Would love to see where this Ranking system "proof" is from.

Thanks for correcting me, and not being a jerk about it.