Will there be Flood?

Lord Takaa

So first off, I don't mind the flood. But please, don't let there be Flood in H4. Because honestly, its getting pretty old. The end of Halo 1-3 is simply fighting the flood. Some how they appear in Halo Wars (which was the real breaking point for me) Thank god they weren't in Reach..

Im tired of just fighting zombies. Throw in something new!

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Opinions?

Unless someone links a quote from the 343 team, I would expect not to see them. I personally think the Flood would make a great player model for Infection games though.

This.

The only trace of flood I want to see in Halo 4 is as a model for the infected in multiplayer. I'm absolutely sick of fighting them in campaign.

• 3 weeks later...

So first off, I don't mind the flood. But please, don't let there be Flood in H4. Because honestly, its getting pretty old. The end of Halo 1-3 is simply fighting the flood. Some how they appear in Halo Wars (which was the real breaking point for me) Thank god they weren't in Reach..

Im tired of just fighting zombies. Throw in something new!

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Opinions?

It's part of the story line, I love it. Also the flood were still in containment on halo during the fall of reach.

Here are my thoughts concerning the Flood in Halo 4.

According to the history of the Forerunners, they activated the Halos a long time ago and wiped out the Flood, all sentient life in the Milky Way Galaxy and most of themselves. However, despite this, the Flood somehow survived.

At the end of Halo 3, we assume the Flood was destroyed. However, we don't know this for sure.

I have a theory that the Halos can wipe out minor Flood, but can't do anything to the Gravemind. I think every time the Halos are activated, the Gravemind restarts the Flood.

I also have a theory that the Flood are a manufactured system put in place to cleanse and purge the galaxy as part of a cycle, for whatever reason, and I think the Flood are either products of the Precursors or the Precursors themselves.

I don't know if we'll see Flood in Halo 4, but I'm sure we'll at least hear about them or learn new things about their origins.

As others have said the Flood are not defeated for one main reason the other Halos have Flood on them plus who knows if the Gravemind was actually defeated, yes we destroyed the ring he was on but that does not mean that we destroyed him or there could be more than one Gravemind so all we can do is w8 till the game comes out to find out if they really are in the game.